Lincolnshire
    dear sammy ,
    So sorry to hear of Laddo's passing.
    Judith

2. sammyb

sammyb Registered User

Sep 19, 2007
    Nottingham
    My brother drove up from Canterbury yesterday morning so he was with me all yesterday (although not at night) and will be with me for 2 more days yet and then our lass is returning from New Zealand on Thursday. She has only been there 8 weeks at the start of a 2 year contract. What a dreadful thing to have to come home for.

I have been pinned in the house since last Tuesday so my brother and I took little Jack (my dog) in the car this afternoon and drove to the Cromford Canal and walked part of the towpath - one of mine and my laddo's first and favourite walks. It helped to be out in the fresh air.

It remains fantastic for me ( and I know it was for him) that my laddo was medication free at the end and did not have any of the 'end' drugs. He just slipped away as I had hoped and prayed for.

love from sammyb

3. gigi

gigi Registered User

Nov 16, 2007
    East Midlands
    Oh Sammy...

In Derbyshire?....That's where Eric and I spent our "courtship" years together..

We used to take a picnic on my day off..and walk the towpath...

Once we saw a mole coming up and making a molehill..

We /I too have treasured memories of that place.

Thanks, Sammy..I'm so sad about your loss...

But thankful as you are that your Laddo was peaceful at his passing...

Love gigi xx

4. May

May Registered User

Oct 15, 2005
    Yorkshire
    Deepest sympathy Sammy, my thoughts are with you.

5. Taffy

Taffy Registered User

Apr 15, 2007
    Dear Sammy,

I am sorry for your loss and pleased that your laddo had such a peaceful passing.

It's good that your brother is there to support you at this very sad time, it will be hard on your lass. I wish you and your family all the strength needed in the coming weeks.

Caring Thoughts,

Taffy.

6. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    This is lovely in its own way. I do hope the same thoughts stay with David and me at the end.

Love Jan