Lack of sleep

PoppyLady

Mar 17, 2012
Hi, I care for my husband who has Lewy Body. He also has prostate cancer, a permanent catheter and heart disease. His health has deteriorated rapidly since a fall on 1st January, since when he has been in and out of hospital and has now been diagnised with heart failure and as being at 'end of life' I have been caring for him for nine years, but the last three months have been the worst ever. He is getting UTI's which send him 'crazy', he refuses to stay at Day Care (three times a week) and :mad:so I now have to collect him at 1.30pm. So far tonight he has been up at 1am, 2am and 3am. I just need to get a full night's sleep!!

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Oh dear! You do so need your sleep. Hope you're getting some shuteye now. You have so much on your plate. Sending kind vibes....

PoppyLady

Mar 17, 2012
Oh dear! You do so need your sleep. Hope you're getting some shuteye now. You have so much on your plate. Sending kind vibes....

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. After getting up five times from 1am until 5am, I finally gave in and got into my husband's bed (3 foot) managed to get another hour. Three hours is just not long enough when you are caring and when I am stressed I say all manner of things, like putting him in a home. Now thus morning I am feeling very guilty!

Aitchbee

Nov 3, 2013
So sorry you are not getting much sleep. It sounds really tough. I don't know much about how these things work, but couldn't your GP refer your husband to Marie Curie for night sitters? If you could get an occasional night where you could switch off it might help?

PoppyLady

Mar 17, 2012
So sorry you are not getting much sleep. It sounds really tough. I don't know much about how these things work, but couldn't your GP refer your husband to Marie Curie for night sitters? If you could get an occasional night where you could switch off it might help?

Hi, My social worker has now done the CHC form and although it will take a while to be processed, if my husband qualifies we will get the help we need. In the meantime she is going to look for respite care for May so that I can have a break.

Good news, I had the best night, eight hours with a break at 3am to visit the vathroom and check on my husband.