Labels for the home??

EmilySd

Dec 30, 2015
Derby
Hi all, I haven't posted for a while. Granddad is just getting worse by the day but not 'bad enough' to be in a home (Grandma says).

He is getting confused with the hot and cold tap, using the toilet etc.
Does anyone have any ideas for labels in the house? We have tried looking on the internet but we can only find ones that say 'Kettle' 'Socks' 'Fridge', but he would never use the kettle or get his own clothes as Grandma does that. :confused::confused:

Thanks in advance

Emily & Family

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
If someone is confused, labels won't help much. He might look at them for a day or two, then they'll be ignored.

witsend~1

Jul 16, 2014
North Lincolnshire
Hi all, I haven't posted for a while. Granddad is just getting worse by the day but not 'bad enough' to be in a home (Grandma says).

Does anyone have any ideas for labels in the house? We have tried looking on the internet but we can only find ones that say 'Kettle' 'Socks' 'Fridge', but he would never use the kettle or get his own clothes as Grandma does that. :confused::confused:

Thanks in advance

Emily & Family

Hi Emily, I made my own by downloading pictures from the web, adding text and laminating them. Unfortunately my OH didn't really take any notice of them. I even wrote instructions and laminated them but there comes a point when he didn't even read them or understand. I hope you get sorted. All the best xxx

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England

Thanks in advance

Emily & Family

As others have said it's fairly easy to find pictures on the web and download them. I did this with my mother using pictures not words. However there comes a time when they no longer associate the object with it's meaning or purpose. their brain just doesn't remember or understand what a toilet is or is for.

Hence I doubt labels for hot or cold will be much good as your grandfather probably won't understand what hot or cold means.
Unfortunately this just means this is yet another activity which your Gran is going to have to supervise. The best way you can help her is to try and work out some respite care so she does have some time of relief from what will become an increasing task of supervision.