Korsakoff

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
When you contact someone make sure that you tell them that he hasnt eaten anything for a week, that you are struggling to get him to swallow fluid and you fear that he is at end of life.
If the doctor agrees that he is at end of life then s/he can prescribe medication to keep him pain-free and comfortable and can organise district nurses and carers, so it is really worth doing.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I think the doctor is wrong in his opinion that your husband has capacity if you walked away from caring for him his whole world would disintegrate someone needs to listen to you soon..

Long journey ahead

Mar 28, 2020
Preston lancashire
I think the doctor is wrong in his opinion that your husband has capacity if you walked away from caring for him his whole world would disintegrate someone needs to listen to you soon..
I did leave him when he discharged himself from hospital. I had a breakdown and slept in mums coach. His friend and his daughter were calling each day and contacting me distressed. He had a major gas leak. So no heating for 3 days. I eventually came home because I was so worried about him. He struggled to just open the door never mind get his beers. That's when I rang ss. His daughter had also rung them. It's all such a mess. I am desperately trying to stay strong for him.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i think that you need to look after yourself. please see if you can get some help. its not right you should do this all by yourself. maybe contact his daughter as well. sometimes, his wants out way his needs. keep posting,

Long journey ahead

Mar 28, 2020
Preston lancashire
I have contacted DVLA about my husband condition.
I felt like I was betraying him, but it's the safest for him and other road users.
it's so hard being strong, feeling like we are taking independance away.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I have contacted DVLA about my husband condition.
I felt like I was betraying him, but it's the safest for him and other road users.
it's so hard being strong, feeling like we are taking independance away.
you havent taken his independence away but the korsakoff has done that. you have no choice but to inform them. if he has insurance, they have to be told too.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan