• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Korsakoff

Long journey ahead

Mar 28, 2020
Hi my name is Dawn an my husband is a alcoho!ic his docter has referred him to memory clinic I am very worried that he won't get better because he can't see he has a problem is there idea how I convince him please

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to DTP @Long journey ahead

I'm so sorry to he of your husband's condition. I don't have any experience of this myself but I wondered if the Society's Factsheet would be of any help to you -

I'm glad you have found the forum - you'll get lots of help and support here. Keep posting.

Long journey ahead

Mar 28, 2020
Thank you Izzy. This is really helpful. He is in complete denial. I believe unless he abstien completely from alcohol he will get worse. It's a nightmare waiting for memory clinic to contact him .

Long journey ahead

Mar 28, 2020
My husband had been referred to the memory.clinic with suspected modelling he is waiting for a brain scan. He refused to stop drinking .it's a very worrying time .

Shedrech

Volunteer Moderator
Dec 15, 2012
Yorkshire
hello @Long journey ahead
welcome from me too
such a tough situation for you
I hope this isn't too simplistic a suggestion
is there any way you could water down what he drinks or swap for low alcohol alternatives but put in the bottles he recognises ... it might at least begin to lower the alcohol intake
though I appreciate this may not be possible, may be detectable or may have a negative effect, so not worth doing
maybe the consultant will be able to get through to him