knowledge is power......

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
I believe knowledge is power. I also believe the only way someone can truly care is if they understand to a point what is going on. I know some people are confused with AD. In general there are so many types, but have found a generalized knowledge of the brain and how AD affects it....thought you all might want to see it..http://www.actionalz.org/inside_the_brain.asp

HUGS..

Nancy

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
Skye...

Unfortunately it is upsetting, but on the lighter side there may be some hope in the future. It's not here yet and it may be a fluke, but read the post I put in medications. It's too early for anything but maybe our grandkids will see the benefit.

HUGS

Nancy

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Nancy,

I've taken a quick look at that while dinner is cooking..

Thankyou..! That is the best explanation I have ever seen...the interesting thing is that whenever Eric has blood tests they always come back...(this is from an FBC sample...full blood count..with...:eek:(humbly I forget)..one of the breakdowns of this test links to inflammation)
Now that link categorically states that AD will activate immune system cells that trigger inflammation.

Interesting...

Thanks again..back later!

Love gigi xx

jude1950

Mar 23, 2006
Lincolnshire
Thank you Nancy
That was very informative , I personally like to know as much about the disease as possible It helps me understand a little of what is happening to my Husband.

Judith

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Knowledge is power

Hi Nancy
Looked at your thread. Thank you:)
All the knowledge in the world will not make this illness go away:(.
When I read the headline "Cure for Alzheimers" I will be happy for future generation's.
Knowledge is power, but, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

And like most people, I have some understanding, but I am not a Doctor. And, they are not God.

All people with alzheimer's are different. Some live longer than other's.
I think my role now is to make Ron as happy as I can, and in a selfish way, hope that in the future when I become older, someone will look after me:). But with my gobby mouth:(

I know the future, and yet, do I? do any of us.

Make each day count.
Love Barb XX & Ron ZZZ

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
Barb & Ron

No we don't know the future and can only hope we will be treated as we treat others. I've been doing some research for over here and some things I have on the burner. The 2 links caught me by surprise. The one explaining the brain sort of put everything I thought in perspective. The clinical trials link makes me feel like maybe fighting for this cause is not all lost.

I know if I were in you situation I would feel the same. That is one of my fears, that Jack someday may be diagnosed with AD. He's a stubborn lot and really doesn't pay much attention to life (that's my job) He does get upset with people for being stupid and then there are our days. He has a bad day then the next I insist on giving him the same back:D. We keep each other on track and people wonder how we havesurvived 15 years. Including his mother and myself!

Oh well, in the meantime, now I will work at possibly getting more attention to the cause and educate people on how AD is. I hope that perhaps someday my kids or grandkids will not have to face this disease.

HUGS

Nancy