1. Candlelight 67

Candlelight 67 Registered User

Nov 4, 2013
    West Sussex
    My mother also has a knicker obsession. She washes them daily. I once found a pair dropped over the kettle, drying in a patch of sunlight.

Actually this week I had a good clear out of her knickers and did a hot wash with vanish they came out a treat. My next job is her jumper collection

2. peachstone

peachstone Registered User

Dec 5, 2015
    West Oxfordshire
    This thread is a real eye-opener and reading it brought up many strange images!

I'd like to offer an idea: bicarbonate of soda (baking soda for those in the US) is brilliant at getting rid of stains and smells. I buy it by the bucket and use it all round the house and in the laundry. It's wonderful stuff, it's non-toxic, doesn't smell and it's cheap.

http://www.stain-removal-101.com/uses-for-baking-soda.html

3. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Mum no longer tries to wash her knickers as she is in a CH, but Im not sure what she do with them as I seem to be always buying new ones as she never seems to have any (I do label them). I suspect that she throws them out.

On the superman image I once went to visit only to find her in her room struggling to get dressed. She was wearing a pair of knickers (probably the previous days) with her PJ bottoms over the top - then 3 pair of knickers over them, then a pair of trousers and, when I walked in, was trying to get yet another pair of knickers over the top :eek: