Keys

sonia owen

Hi All,

My mum has a handbag, with a few zips etc. Like many of you will no doubt know,its no good trying to get them to change it for an easier one with say just one zip etc in the bag.
She is used to this one, so I am not going down that road. Most of the things in it are not need I am sure,. Even myself I have the kitchen sink in mine just in case.
The problem is she will lock her door, put the key in the bag. Forgets and has a blind panic, where's the key. It can cause untoll distress to her while looking.
Can you get something that will go off to help finding them. Not quite sure what I mean really.
Many thanks
Love Sonia xxxx

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Sonia,

What we did for my grandmother was tied her keys to the bottom of the strap on a long piece of string so that the keys can always be pulled out and would not be lost. This worked for her for a couple of years and it also stopped her anxiety and non-stop looking for her keys. Make the string long enough so it reaches the door whilst her bag is still over her arm.

Fiona

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Can you attach the keys to one of those long chain keyrings and the other end to the zip pull

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Most local police stations supply the key chain with big clip to do as Jeany says. Mum has one on hers and even if not clipped on she can then find it easily in her bag.
xx

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
We got mum a retractable key ring that fixed to the handle of her bag. Because it was retractable it was always at the top of her bag & she could use the key without detaching it. We got hers from e bay, think they were about £3 for two.

Lin x