1. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

Nov 28, 2004
    Hello evryone. I recall having read somewhere about a special key which allows access to public conveniences, and I am thinking of applying for one. Even though Mum rarely goes out, I think perhaps it would be a good idea. We have recently been shopping to buy her new trousers, and having left her in the cubicle to try them on, it never occurred to me that there would be a problem. However, she came out to show me the trousers and then couldn't recall which cubicle she was in. It caused mayhem in a very busy changing room. Which made me think about toilets etc. Can anyone advise, please?

2. Sandy

Sandy Registered User

Mar 23, 2005
  3. Sheila

Sheila Registered User

Oct 23, 2003
    West Sussex
    Lulu, do get one, I found it an absolute Godsend. Your local council should have details and keys too, ours does. Love She. XX

4. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

Nov 28, 2004
    I have found that our local council supply the keys, so next time I pass, I shall get one. Otherwise, it would have been an easy matter to order from Radar website. Thanks Sandy and Sheila.

5. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    These keys are a great help tp men carers also.
    I do not have to wait outside toilets wondering if Peg has found another way out,we go in together
    Norman

6. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

Nov 28, 2004
    We are now the proud owner of one (very large) RADAR key, so thanks for the help. I'm sure it is going to come in useful.

7. chrissieL

chrissieL Registered User

Jun 22, 2005
    Shropshire
    Hi Lulu,
    They are a bit large aren't they!
    Mine has the added bonus of being a security blanket, my husband doesn't get so fussed about going out now that we have one of these. No more dehli belly problems!!!

8. Sheila

Sheila Registered User

Oct 23, 2003
    West Sussex
    Hi Lulu, yes they are VERY large, but are worth their weight in gold if you ask me! Love She. XX :)

9. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Lulu
    you wouldn't want it on you key ring would you?
    I keep ours in the ash tray ( never used) in the car.
    Norman

10. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Lionel has just recently railled against me going in to the disabled loo with him.
    Well meaning friends (at the beach hut) persueded me to let him go into the 'gents' with me stationed outside.
    Yes, this was successful on two occassions, and we spend a lot of time at the beach. However the third occassion resulted in dear Lionel coming out WET from the waist down.
    What price his independance........It is back to us both using the disabled loo together. The RADAR key is priceless. Regards to all, Connie