Key worker is daughter

Sianey

Mar 23, 2015
Yorkshire
:( Mmm. I know it's good Mum has a bond with her key worker but sad even though all I do, visiting, hospital visits and there are many, etc etc I'm not known as the daughter. Another sad day.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
So sad, know how you feel in a way. My mum has lived with me for over a year now and apart from a sitter for a couple of hours a week I am her main carer. I organise everything for her, our outings, appointments, including vet and grooming for her little dog. After all this time and organisation, mum still thinks its my brother doing all this!!

GISLER

Jun 14, 2015
No conversation

:( Mmm. I know it's good Mum has a bond with her key worker but sad even though all I do, visiting, hospital visits and there are many, etc etc I'm not known as the daughter. Another sad day.

:)Cheer up Sianey I have the same problem. My mum never speaks to me she says only one word and that is yes. Mum never acknowledges me. It is a long hard battle with hospital visits sorting things out and trying to do your best. Keep your chin up you are one of life's angels.:)

LizzyA

Feb 21, 2013
Near Reading
I share your pain. After an extremely stressful fortnight with mum including 2 hospitals, GP, social workers and carers she told me yesterday that I always put my husband's family first :confused:. It really can be very hurtful so I feel for you.

I cried quite a lot yesterday. It's my birthday today and I know she won't remember.

Sianey

Mar 23, 2015
Yorkshire
Carer as daughter

I don't know how to balloon up the sentence before a reply so I'm sorry for not replying individually.

Thanks for bothering to reply it means a lot. I've gone back through previous pages and some threads are so good to read.

I've never been close to my Mam and we were getting a better bond but she seems to enjoy the key workers company which I hate to admit I've taken to heart, not jealousy I aren't like that but sad nonetheless.

I didn't visit today as it is a long drive there and back and had to do Mams garden back and front to make the house look lived in and I can't even tell her that's why I didn't go. :rolleyes:

X

LizzyA

Feb 21, 2013
Near Reading
LizzyA

Happy Birthday, I hope you are doing something special?

Thank you. Not really but it doesn't matter as I'm going for a nice long walk with my husband tomorrow.

I hope you're ok. I don't have the best relationship with my mum either and I understand the conflicted emotions x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN