Kevinl, that was a week to remember

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry to hear about you and your wife.
I think everyone has said everything that I would have said, so Im sending you some (((hugs))) instead.

Risa

Apr 13, 2015
Essex
Am so sorry to read your post Kevin, what a frightening experience for you both. Sending you a big hug and hope your wife is soon back home with you {{{HUG}}}

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Kevin, so sorry to read your post. What a terribly sad situation. xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Just wanted to send my heartfelt best wishes to you Kevin - you've been such a support to others on this forum - take care of yourself.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Just a thank-you to the many how have posted here and pm'ed me and an update.
The original section 2 for 28 days is about to expire and I was told today they're now going for a section 3 which lasts for up to for 6 months.
I can't really object she's still no different to when she went in and remains a "challenge" as a patient (tell me about it).
On the up side I went in Farmfoods on the way home (other purveyors of sub-zero stodge are available) and they have an offer on their ready meals for one so that's one less thing to worry about:)
K

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hopefully a solution will be found to the challenge. Take care of yourself and take the opportunity to recharge.
Amazing how your attitude to ready meals can change. I used to hate them, now they are a staple.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
It does sound as if there is no real option at present Kevin. At least you know that you did all that you could and even the experts are struggling now.

I agree with you and Bemused about the ready meals.

Callandergirl

Apr 23, 2013
So sorry I've missed your original post about your wife's downturn Kevin. If you react like me you will feel relieved but guilty at the same time, although you have nothing to feel guilty about. I'm still confused 5 weeks after our trauma and haven't reacted yet. I hope they manage to stabilise your wife and that you can return to your normality soon. Meanwhile, enjoy your ready meals and spoil yourself. You deserve it!

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
I hope they find something that works for your wife.
Spring is coming & soon you'll be able to have your ready meals on the boat.

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
Just a thank-you to the many how have posted here and pm'ed me and an update.
The original section 2 for 28 days is about to expire and I was told today they're now going for a section 3 which lasts for up to for 6 months.
I can't really object she's still no different to when she went in and remains a "challenge" as a patient (tell me about it).
On the up side I went in Farmfoods on the way home (other purveyors of sub-zero stodge are available) and they have an offer on their ready meals for one so that's one less thing to worry about:)
K

I'm very sorry, Kevin, that you have gone through this with your wife. What a loving carer you've been all along.

And I'm very happy that you are going on with things. Spring's around the corner. You have time now to discover yourself and your life again, after all this time. Something to look forward to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breazkrissy