Kept informed

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
In what seems like another example of the good care offered to my wife I took a phone call about a minor incident that happened in the early hours of this morning. Whilst being assisted to use the toilet she managed somehow to miss the seat when sitting down. Other than a small scrape she has no other ill effects, forgot about it straightaway and is her usual chirpy self this morning. So D, one of the senior staff told me. We then had a light-hearted conversation about how easily one might do this when drunk!. Informing me of this minor incident - which I would never have known about otherwise - seems another example of how seriously my wife's welfare is taken by the very caring staff. In not being able to visit my wife inside the home for almost a year (I have had garden and perspex visits) I have missed my conversations with the friends that I have made of the staff and other residents. With luck this may change soon.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I'm glad that you are happy with your wife's home - such an important thing.

I hope a proper visit will be on the cards soon.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
My mother's care home are pretty good at phoning me up about things. I had one the other day thanking me for sending in various items (clothing and necklaces) so mum can dress up on her birthday this week.
I too miss chatting to the carers and the residents. The carer I was discussing mum's clothes with sounded so sad that they haven't had visitors coming in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR