Keeping you updated....

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Well all medication today bar the memantine and mirtizpine will be given to other half. Very worried for what to come hopefully a good outcome. Other half does seem calmer than before although come early evening he starts getting more confused again and keeps asking to go home, won't sit still for 5 minutes. Blowing (his sign of being agitated), but a least he does not want to wander off and is not being aggresive. Nights are abit erratic one night only up twice then the next every hour then last night up about 3 times (keeps going in bathroom to wash his hands, thats the new thing at the moment). Did ask for something to replace the haloperidol but the cpn said to wait a few days, then they will see. No seizure for a week but a few jerking movements which are reducing daily......Well lets see what happens....Sorry typing fast other half behind me I cannot concentrate at the moment (I am so fussy I know considering where we were a couple of weeks ago..)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It sounds as if there is some improvement Keenan. It's all relative isn't it. Mirtazapine helped my husband too but he still packed to go home almost daily.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Thanks for the update Keegan2
Sounds promising?
Still concerned for you all, though - so do keep posting

as always, best wishes

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Fingers crossed that things don't go downhill again. xxxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Since my last post o/h has been put on Quetiapine 12.5mg together with the 30mg of mirtzipine at night which is putting him to sleep all night until about 5, which is great now I wish I could sleep (even though he is sleeping I am still awake every other so often checking up on him). During the day he is on mematine in the morning and I have started giving him his second dose at 4 in the afternoon as he refuses 3 tablets at night. The only problem at the moment is the constant blowing he is doing all day it is very heavy and you can feel the wind from his mouth (it is very irratating). Does anyone know a solution for this. Otherwise I cannot complain to much wanting to wander has stopped for now although he does keep asking when are we going which I distract him from. Can deal with this period with my eyes closed compared to what we have been dealing with.........Its the little things in life which make us happy.....

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Blowing.........

Please does anyone else experience o/h blowing all day long. It must be so exhausting for him and it is so irratating for those around him. Does anyone know how to ease this without medication. I realise its such a minor thing to put up with after what we have to but if there is a solution would love to know about it.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Would he chew gum Keegan? It seems he needs to do something with his mouth so I would be looking for distractions that kept his mouth busy. Maybe others have some ideas.