Keeping mum safe

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Hello. Mum is 88. She will insist on leaving her inner door (the main front door) wide open. There is an outer door but it is closed but not locked. We often go round to find the back door wide open as well, and mum asleep. Nothing we do (including pinning a note to the front door saying 'keep closed' works. Any ideas?

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I have found that notes won't work for much of anything and have read other posts along those lines many times.

I haven't had to face this issue but wonder if fitting a spring closure and latch lock would help.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My mother was always afraid she wouldn`t be able to find her keys so her back and front doors were left unlocked @jknight.

Her keys were always in the same place so there was no explanation other than confusion and fear.

There was nothing I could do so I just had to leave it to chance.

I hope someone will have a better idea than I have to sort this out.

doodle1

May 11, 2012
Hello Jenny
Haven't seen you on here in a long time. How's it going? I'm afraid I have no bright ideas but just wanted to say hi
Jane xx

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Hello Jenny
Haven't seen you on here in a long time. How's it going? I'm afraid I have no bright ideas but just wanted to say hi
Jane xx
Hello Jane!
I've been out of the loop for a quite a while. Working, caring for mum, childcare (an adorable 2 year old!) And life, in general, have caught up with me!
Glad to be back. I have missed this lovely community!
Jenny