Katie Hopkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

99purdy

Oct 31, 2014
Anybody seen her comments re: Dementia patients blocking beds?? obviously has no idea how the system works. It must be terrible to be diagonised with dementia. It is horrendous for family of loved ones. What do you do as a family looking after a severe dementia patient, whether in a nursing home or at home. You look after them the very best you can. You ensure their last few years are entered with dignity, as best you can, love and attention. Half of me understands her comments, bed blocking etc., but surely to goodness we can not loose track that these are real Mums, Dads, Uncles, Aunties etc. Surely if we conclude that Dementia Patients are not worthy of hospital beds then we become a nation of uncaring, judgemental individuals who lack compassion. This is not what I agree with, everybody regardless of illness should be offered the same care, love and attention. I sometimes think would Dad like what has become of him, No, would I honestly love him to pass peacefully in his sleep, Yes. Will I care, and make sure he is cared for, treated well, with dignity until his time has come, Yes. Her comments may be based on personal experience but if not I think she should thank her luck stars.

99purdy

Oct 31, 2014
Hi Jeany, thanks for that. Just home from not too nice visit with Dad and this just hit a nerve. They have no idea what normal families go through on a daily basis. X

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
Read the wiki page on her. Had never heard of this repugnant individual before. Don't worry about it. Stupidity prevails. Clearly an individual who needs to stoop low to get publicity.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Don't give her the oxygen of publicity, the less she is posted about the less she matters (in an internet hit count sense).
K

Status
Not open for further replies.