Justice for my mam and all vulnerable people with dementia.

NancyD

Mar 23, 2008
North east
Just to let you all know my family and I have decided to take what happened to my mam further. We have been in touch with a solicitor and they will decide whether we have a case for medical negligence. All I really want is for someone to admit that the care home my mother was in was totally incompetent and that people( (moderator note: name removed in my mothers case) are making profit out of our elderly people who cannot fend for themselves.If I have named people when I shouldnt have please keep me right moderators.Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prague09

Jul 22, 2008
essex
well done

Unless we have people like you then there is no one who can defend and hightlight the problems in resdential care.

After all if we go on holiday and pay £600.00 a week per person for accommodation we would expect a first class service and surley this should be the case with the care of our elderly who are charged these high charges.

The problem lies deeper, care homes have probelms recuriting and retaining good staff because they pay such low wages to the carers.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Pleasing News

Prague09 said:
Unless we have people like you then there is no one who can defend and hightlight the problems in resdential care.

Dear Nancy,

Good on you and your family someone should be made accountable for what happened to your mam. The C/H needs to own the neglect and see that it doesn't happen again.

Prague09 said:
The problem lies deeper, care homes have probelms recuriting and retaining good staff because they pay such low wages to the carers.

This is the problem and low wages will not attract the skilled workers.... which is another big problem!

SOME of these care providers are Morally Bankrupt!!

Marianne

Jul 5, 2008
NW England
Good for you it needs more people to make a stand against the abuse and neglect of our relatives in care homes.

My dad was severely abused and neglected and was even given drugs not prescribed for him to sedate him. He died in July'07 and I am still battling for justice for him and the PCT are doing their utmost to protect the Manager of the home.

I do hope you have more luck than me even though I have a solicitor kept informed every step of the way it is extremely difficult to prove.

Good Luck
Marianne

kazlou

Feb 3, 2006
Surrey
Dear Nancy,

Well done we need to fight for more rights for people with Alzheimer's and Dementia. Nursing & Care Homes need more regulations on staffing levels, safer recruitment checks, and tougher home inspections. Good luck and keep us all informed with your progress.

Kazlou

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Nancy

I just wanted to offer support ... I know it's a tough call to pursue a complaint when in reality it's the last thing you need to think about ... and the very reasons you are complaining don't help the grieving process...

Like you - I am asking for nothing (in my case against hospital treatment) except an unreserved apology for actions taken without informed consent - and the hope that 'dementia awareness' might just become a priority training issue ....

'Justice' is the key word - how sad some of us feel we have to fight for it? :(

Well done, stay strong ....

Love, Karen, x

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
Nancy and Karen, sending you both all the support I can for you both in your quest to bring somebody to own up to some from of apology and for future actions to be enforced against any of this happening to anybody else. Like you know I myself am putting in an offical complaint against the hospital Mum was in. Not sure if either of you are aware but ICAS can help you also free of charge. If nobody spoke out against what is happening then nothing will ever change, sending you both the very best wishes xxxx

Lanie

Aug 31, 2008
Surrey
Wishing you all, who are taking complaints forward justice for your families and hoping that your actions may help other families from experiencing what you have.

Good luck

Lanie