Just when you think things can't get any worse...

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by snooky, Jan 16, 2008.

1. snooky

snooky Registered User

May 12, 2007
    devon
    Hi,
    As you probably know my Dad is struggling with his pneumonia. Well he has been put on his 4th batch of antibiotics today. He has been very weak and frail and has had to go in the home permanently now. Mum rang me tonight (I thought to ask how Dad was when I saw him today). But she said that she had been to the doc today, because she had found a lump in her breast and he said there is a good chance it could be breast cancer. She will have the appt. with the consultant asap. I remained positive and upbeat for her, but I just feel empty after all the emotions I have been going through with dad's illness over the last couple of weeks, I just dont know what to think anymore.
    Thanks for listening
    Snooky x

2. nickyd

nickyd Registered User

Oct 20, 2007
    warwickshire
    Oh Snooky,
    Sending you lots of Love and Hugs, Take care won't you,

3. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    Just read your post and what can I say - I do hope it is only a blip for your Mum. Thinking about you.
    Best wishes Jan

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear Snooky.
    Some people are given a lion`s share of worry, I just hope your mother has caught it in time.
    Please give her our love and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    And you take care of yourself. xx

5. Doreen99

Doreen99 Registered User

Jan 12, 2008
    Sheffield
    Dear Snooky

how awful for you and your mum. It's not surprising your numb, there's only so much a person can cope with at any one time.

I hope your mum sees the Consultant quickly and it turns out to be just a scare.

I'm sending you hugs and best wishes.

6. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Sending you a ((((BIG HUG ))))

7. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear Snooky, that's awful news. It's just too much for you to cope with just now, no wonder you feel empty.

There is a possibility, you know that the lump may not be malignant, and you should keep hold of that until your mum has had a biopsy.

How awful your mum must have felt, worrying about your dad, and with that awful fear for herself. I think you both need a lot of support just now, and I hope you can help each other through this.

Love,

8. snooky

snooky Registered User

May 12, 2007
    devon
    Thanks everyone for your support. I knew I would get it on here - I don't know what I would do without all of you. I know we dont know the diagnosis yet, so here's to remaining very positive, because I really cannot bear to think of anything else.
    Thanks again
    Snooky x

9. Margaret W

Margaret W Registered User

Apr 28, 2007
    North Derbyshire
    Dear Snooky, I have had two breast lumps, both just fatty tissue. Pray yours are the same.

Lots of love

Margaret

10. SusanB

SusanB Registered User

Jan 15, 2008
    Hove
    What horrible news, Snooky. My heart goes out to you. Do take care of yourself.

11. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Dear Snooky,
    Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed that your Mum turns out to have a benign lump. If not, may she have caught it in good time.

I have no idea why we sometimes are beset by problems one on top of another - but it does seem to happen that way sometimes.

I am sending you my best wishes for strength and courage and PLEASE take care of yourself too.

12. Taffy

Taffy Registered User

Apr 15, 2007
    Dear Snooky,

I would just like to join in with the others in sending you my very best wishes for your mum. Caring Thoughts, Taffy.