Just when I'd found my resolve ...

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Hang on in there Tender Face.

There is one thing that you can be sure of with visiting relatives - they don't stop very long.

Generally just long enough to wind you up I know but they can then walk away and tell everyone what a good job they have done.

One of my relatives criticised one of my actions some time ago. I went into the hall, put on my coat and walked towards the door givig them the doorkey as I went out.

Complete panic. "Where are you going, I have an appointment in 30 minutes?

" So have I dear. I can make it if I hurry. Thank you for taking over my job it really is appreciated. Oh, by the way, Jean does not have sugar in her coffee and her medication is due at 5. the list is in the pantry"

They call once a year now and that's fartoo often for me.

It's easy to say but do not let St. Sis wind you up. Put your coat on and walk out.

And if she calls, "It's amazing how much trouble there is on the line tonight, can you speak up I can hardly hear you" "Sorry the line is breaking up, I'll get back to you"

I never used to be as rude and bad mannered as this but I no longer suffer fools gladly.

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
I have just realised that ther not suffering fools gladly could be completely misread.

I meant, of course, that I can no longer put up with the fools that i used to put up with not that you are one of them Tender Face.

O no!! Somebody pass me a shovel. Help!!!

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
I meant, of course, that I can no longer put up with the fools that i used to put up with not that you are one of them Tender Face.

O no!! Somebody pass me a shovel. Help!!!

I should have refrained from a reply just to see you squirm!!!!! :D

Ha ha :D - best laugh I've had in last couple of days ... don't worry - I have taken my angst out again on St Sis - but I'm afraid if I slam that phone down once more it will be a candidate for the RSPCTD (Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Telephonic Devices!!!) then again - St Sis may well think the RSPCA should mean prevention of cruelty to Aunts not Animals - coz if she pulls any more stunts like today she will need a bodyguard ....... no-one would believe some of what she managed to do (or undo) in one day's visit (comes in first time since I don't know how long and is querying why mum isn't taking medication at bedtime ... etc - "Coz she doesn't have any meds prescribed for bedtime ..... " ... D'oh. .... nor the bizarre comments pre and post her visit ..... (Then again - I bet most of you would - I realise I'm lucky NOT to have family meddling most of the time!!!!!!) .... anyway ... hopefully, damage 'undone' after hubby and I went to mum's after she finally left - mum's still desperately not well - but got to give the anti-bios chance - and tomorrow is another day .... will someone just give me advance warning of next blue moon so I know to polish up my hard hat? :rolleyes:

And next time I have any more ridiculous ideas about 'it would be nice to let her sister know it might be about time she paid a visit' - to just keep my 'gob shut'!!!!!! :p:D

That wasn't a general invitation, by the way .... :D

Thanks again - I mean to PM so many of you who have made such pertinent comments on this thread and helped me so much thru the last 48 hours or so .... if I started to reply publicly I don't think I'd stop ....... but I don't think Brucie can ban me for rambling? :D:confused: (Joke, Brucie!!!!!:eek: :))

Kaz, x