Just wanted to share some good news

Peapod

May 19, 2007
Pembrokeshire
Yes, hot bath AND a glass of cold wine - wonderful combination! :D
Seriously though, I'm so happy for you and your Mum - we all need space to just 'live'.

Very best wishes and regards :)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Sound silly now , was wondering why I did it , but after the fall and on the way home I stop of for a glass wine and sat out side after handing over 5 pound :eek: for a glass of wine thinking OMG I am drinking angina during the day , what am I doing and 5 pounds could of brought me a whole bottle of wine :rolleyes: Not doing that angina and I never drank it all !

Must of been the shock of the fall ?

Last edited:

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
:) Hope you checked out those builders, Maggie! Sound like good hearted, hard working men - not always easy to find!! ;)

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Choose your scrapers carefully

Oh Margarita, so sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you are feeling ok and not too shaken up. I feel guilty because I told you to check out the library in the first place and if I hadn't maybe you wouldn't have been in THAT place at THAT time. :(

I've always been hopeless with bikes. I was given one as a birthday present when I was a kid and I rode out around some country lanes wearing my best blue frilly blouse. It had been years since I'd had any lessons and I had this idea that brakes should not be used too much in case you wore them out. So I flew down this hill trying not to use the brakes too much and came to awful grief at the bottom. I was OK but I still miss the blue frilly blouse which was torn and muddied and no longer wearable.:D

If you need to be scraped up off the roadway, I can recommend Clapham High Street. I was working over that way a little while ago and one evening on my way home I decided to nip across Clapham High Street to get some groceries. My big feet failed me, for some reason, and I tripped up and fell into the road straddled out like a spatchcocked chicken. To my amazement no sooner had the stars stopped whizzing around my head, when TWO young men wearing cycling helmets appeared, scraped me up, dusted me down and checked I was OK. They were 'Community Wardens' and presumably thought I was some feckless female with more alcohol than brains on board. If you intend to throw yourself across more tarmac, Clapham High Street is not a bad place to be.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Clapham High Street is not a bad place to be.

Now if I pick up the courage to go clapham high street , it never be the same :) just thinking what you said , never know may find a Nice builder man that yes Nell hard working man are hard to find :cool: that has a fall like you did Deborah & I help him and the love story unfolded .

No don't feel guilty , what is was they concealed mum AZ day-center again that why I prefer mum to go to Social services Day center . as with every financial year The AZ day-center do not know how much funding they are getting from the local authority, so had to close one day-center and Join other center up with mum day-center , also cutting out one of mum day permanently (sp) to make space for other people from other AZ center

Anyway my brother pop around & I told him to sit with my mother , don't really like leaving my brother with my mother , so thought taking bike could get me around faster , not checking handle bars , as I also had to see bank manger

So on days that mum go to Social service day-center I can make plans , If I make plans for me with AZ day-center it never work out . I am not complaining , as I know AZ is a charity run , funded part local authority & AZ society from people wiliness to fund raise .

where social services day-center is fully funded by local Authority tax , council tax money and all that . so do not close or change day around or take days away

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Respite

Does your mother come back from respite care today, Margarita? If so, please let us know how she is and how she got on.

Love xx