1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. CynthsDaugh

CynthsDaugh Registered User

May 5, 2015
    Salford, Lancashire
    Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice & support from the members of Talking Point. I may not have posted much but this place and all the contributors have helped so much in the last two and a half years since Mum came to live with me.

Sadly my Mum passed away on the 8th April. I miss her terribly, but try to remember all the good times. I'm so proud to have been able to call this amazing, inspirational, beautiful woman my Mum. I will always be Cynthias daughter.

I'm not sure if I will post here again - but again, thanks to everyone.

Sally

2. CeliaW

CeliaW Registered User

Jan 29, 2009
    Hampshire
    My condolences on the passing of your Mum and all supportive wishes for the days and weeks ahead.

I am glad TP helped you, do feel able to come back if you wish - many of us find it helpful to have support even after we have lost a loved one.

Take care.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Talking Point mobile app

3. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Sending my condolences. Wishing you strength.

As Celia says, many of us have continued on the forum after the person we cared for passed. I hope you may find it of continuing comfort and support.

4. HillyBilly

HillyBilly Registered User

Dec 21, 2015
    Ireland
    So sorry for your loss Cynthia's Daughter x

5. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    So sorry for your loss, Cynthia's daughter, but I'm glad you found Talking Point helpful when you needed it.