Just want to clarify.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi. As you know dad has a grade 2 pressure sore which is healing. He has also been diagnosed with low blood pressure 90/ 58 and low oxygen..I have asked them not to leave dad in the chair for 12 hours. He has his air mattress and cushion and heel pads arriving on Monday and Tuesday. But the new care plan of him being 4 hours in the chair is not in place yet. No idea when. Now , if he gets left back in the chair for 12 hours and gets another pressure sore or falls am I correct in thinking they are liable? Dad was assessed as having failed his capacity test when the paramedic came out and did it. He still thought he walked around the bungalow and has no idea of year month etc.. Although he knew me. I have emailed the company and told them of the shenanigans of Friday. Last week miss perfect asked him if he wanted to get out of bed and sit in the chair. Luckily he said no. But I have my doubts..

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Hi. As you know dad has a grade 2 pressure sore which is healing. He has also been diagnosed with low blood pressure 90/ 58 and low oxygen..I have asked them not to leave dad in the chair for 12 hours. He has his air mattress and cushion and heel pads arriving on Monday and Tuesday. But the new care plan of him being 4 hours in the chair is not in place yet. No idea when. Now , if he gets left back in the chair for 12 hours and gets another pressure sore or falls am I correct in thinking they are liable? Dad was assessed as having failed his capacity test when the paramedic came out and did it. He still thought he walked around the bungalow and has no idea of year month etc.. Although he knew me. I have emailed the company and told them of the shenanigans of Friday. Last week miss perfect asked him if he wanted to get out of bed and sit in the chair. Luckily he said no. But I have my doubts..
A duty of care is owed and pressure ulcers are a sign of unmet basic care needs such as pressure relief. I would defy anyone to sit still on a chair for two hours without moving -it becomes painful and a sign that the person needs to change position

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
A duty of care is owed and pressure ulcers are a sign of unmet basic care needs such as pressure relief. I would defy anyone to sit still on a chair for two hours without moving -it becomes painful and a sign that the person needs to change position
Thank you.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
When my OH had a change to his care plan I was told it would take about 4 days to implement, whereas in reality it was implemented within 36hrs.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
When my OH had a change to his care plan I was told it would take about 4 days to implement, whereas in reality it was implemented within 36hrs.
These are not the fastest care company. I live in Cornwall and there are quite a few issues down here .It was last Monday when it was changed. So if it is not done soon there will be no point as my daughter and I take over 1 st July for afternoon and evenings.But definitely needs doing before. I have been asking since February.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
..I have asked them not to leave dad in the chair for 12 hours. He has his air mattress and cushion and heel pads arriving on Monday and Tuesday. But the new care plan of him being 4 hours in the chair is not in place yet. No idea when. Now , if he gets left back in the chair for 12 hours and gets another pressure sore or falls am I correct in thinking they are liable? Dad was assessed as having failed his capacity test when the paramedic came out and did it. He still thought he walked around the bungalow and has no idea of year month etc.. Although he knew me. I have emailed the company and told them of the shenanigans of Friday. Last week miss perfect asked him if he wanted to get out of bed and sit in the chair. Luckily he said no. But I have my doubts..
..I have asked them not to leave dad in the chair for 12 hours
If they arrive single handed, I guess they will.

Now , if he gets left back in the chair for 12 hours and gets another pressure sore or falls am I correct in thinking they are liable?
I wouldnt Have thought so, Pressure sores can develop at any times, In bed or in the chair. Is it their fault? Is it anyones fault? Should have had the air matress weeks ago

I really dont think a paramedic is any more qualified to determin someone capasity ( other than 'in the moment') than you or I.

If you trully feel that was a Pivotall moment in determining his capasity, then get him into a nursing home pronto

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
..I have asked them not to leave dad in the chair for 12 hours
If they arrive single handed, I guess they will.

Now , if he gets left back in the chair for 12 hours and gets another pressure sore or falls am I correct in thinking they are liable?
I wouldnt Have thought so, Pressure sores can develop at any times, In bed or in the chair. Is it their fault? Is it anyones fault? Should have had the air matress weeks ago

I really dont think a paramedic is any more qualified to determin someone capasity ( other than 'in the moment') than you or I.

If you trully feel that was a Pivotall moment in determining his capasity, then get him into a nursing home pronto
Dad did not have the capacity at that time. He still thinks he can walk and drive every day. The reason he did the capacity test was in case he needed to go to hospital. Dad will not go but no capacity means he can on the LPOA. As dad is in bed at the moment with more dressings on his bottom than he shouldn't be sat out.As I have explained to him numerous times.