Just Touching Base!

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Hi to all,

Apologies for my long absence.

I've tried to write so many times but I seem to have lost all ability to communicate.

I've been catching up on some of the 'Dealing with Loss' threads and they have touched me deep inside. I've wept buckets, which is just what I needed to do. I mostly feel numb and go about my days in a fog.

I miss the times when TP was such a comfort to me, it warms my heart to see so many old friends still here, supporting each other. Thank you for that.

I've been looking at the planned trip to York, which sounds good. I don't want to say I'd like to join you, as I did that with Launde Abbey and then backed out.

I'm getting by one day at a time, missing Nats far more than I could ever have dreamt. We were not a Love's young dream" kind of couple but we rubbed along from the day I met him aged 16 till he died when I was 58. We loved, we laughed, we fought! He was my life and I miss him.

I know you understand and that helps.

Much love Bastan. xx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
sending you a big hug, Bastan. xxx

It would be lovely to see you at one of our gatherings if you do decide to come. But we understand if you don't.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Lovely to hear from you Bastan. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hi Bastan,
Good to hear from you. It is hard looking back but at the same time it helps to reflect on how others are getting along.
Keep in touch.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
it's good to hear from you Bastan. It sounds as if you're struggling in the same way the rest of us in the dealing with loss section are struggling . It's a shame you haven't been able to post more. I'm sure it would have helped.

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Hi Bastan

Lovely to hear from you. Friends are always here for you, I don't post much these days but check in and read posts most days.

Hope to see you in person again one of these days but for now cyber hugs coming your way. xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Bastan

A lovely surprise to see your thread and read your post! I hope you will keep in touch.

I'm getting by one day at a time, missing Nats far more than I could ever have dreamt. We were not a Love's young dream" kind of couple but we rubbed along from the day I met him aged 16 till he died when I was 58. We loved, we laughed, we fought! He was my life and I miss him.
My tears came when I read that. It says it all.

I hope you might go to York, or next year to Launde Abbey which sounds such a special and unique place and like others you could benefit. Although you can only do what you can do at a given time which feels right for you.

I often think of you and Nats…

I feel I am intruding writing in this section, I am not a widow. I don't know what I am now. But I feel deeply for all of you here. When I saw your name I couldn't not write...

Warm love to you, Bastan
Loo xxx

Bastan

Feb 10, 2011
Manchester
Thank you all so much for your kind responses. The sun is out in Manchester today and for some reason it has made me feel more hopeful for the future. Much love to everyone of you. [emoji177]xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you all so much for your kind responses. The sun is out in Manchester today and for some reason it has made me feel more hopeful for the future. Much love to everyone of you. [emoji177]xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

How lovely to hear from you Bastan. I am glad you are having a better day today. Some of us recently were recalling seeing you at Launde, and it would be good to see you there again. Jan x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
It's lovely to hear from you Bastan and I echo Jan's post about perhaps coming to Launde again. As you can see I'd still be a member of the 'Can't sleep' group if it still existed! :)

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Bastan how lovely to see you here! Miss you. I am glad you had a sunny day to lift your spirits. Anything but sunny here, damp and misty - and cold.

Oh it is hard Bastan. I have resigned myself to it always being so. Being busy distracts at times but at our age - meaning Henry and myself - most of our lives were together.

My parents were the last couple anyone ever thought would split up. they met when my Mum was 18, but they did 15 months after our wedding. Later they each remarried. At 24 and 7 months pregnant it was probably the biggest shock of my young life. I do not know how I would have got through it without Henry.

I do hope you manage to meet up with the others, and Launde Abbey in particular sounds such a peaceful happy place everyone enjoys. I'm excited at the thought!

Yes we are all struggling as Sylvia said, and at times not quite surfing the waves of life. But we do understand and are there for each other.

Do not be a stranger Bastan - and here's to a good summer with a real warmth and sunshine to lift us up when the waves are harsh.

Thoughts and warm love

Loo xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976