Just to let you (margarita )

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Just to let you all know (those that know me , who does not Hi)
I finally got tune on with broadband ALO today we moved on the 29th January and mum got back home on the 31st.

The most amazing thing that has happen is that mum is not was confused all that you read about being unsettle after coming back from respite or moving house, I believe it is because she is so happy in not having to clime up down the stairs to my old flat , the house is so big airy , its new development , newly built houses , lovely big garden doors in house so wide , room so big mum sleep on her own downstairs without wakening me up during the first night she got back in new house , they came to pick her up the next day to take her to day centre and amazingly mum has been on a balance , as in not following around the house like she did in other flat we live in when she got back from Respite .

I must say I have been stress out to my eye balls with the move and worrying in what to expect when mum got home , oh I was worried about how she walk out of front door that leads on to the road , all that worry for nothing , what really **** me of is that my sky TV is not working because the plug for the commercial aerial for sky is not working , then my daughter does something to my other fast lap top , that I can not get it to work because its asking for pass word in the BIOS mode I think it called and I can’t remember the password as lap top is 3 years old (HELP) . I do have another old lap top that is very slow no matter what I take of it, it’s still slow.

Sorry to go on, but I must say I have been dieing to go back on line as it passes the hours that I can’t get out, till mum go to daycentre on wed, thus, Fri or till one of my daughter sits with my mother, but I have got a lot done to house since not being on the net. I have no fooling in new house plaster boards, can’t get my head around that one , I’ll do it all in time , its been a hard long slag to get settle down with mum , but I done it , who say that thing can’t get better with AZ and good care , medication . it has taken a lot out of me , but this year seem to be my year and what a blessing to get this house , that I have to pay for the water even when I flash the loo , we have a water meter lol .

Love to all as I leave to have a read around in TP xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Margarita, again. Lovely to hear your news. It`s so good your mother likes the new house. I hope you`ll all be very happy there. Love Sylvia x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Bath lift

Thanks nada , Sylvia .

I was wondering seeing that in new house we do not have a walk in shower , OT said that I could try this one ( bath life)http://www.youreableshop.co.uk/modu...dcode=BA3010&gclid=CN-DqqO7l4oCFQlJEAodZ0AAgA for my mother then if after a while that does not work , they see about putting a walk in shower downstairs , just that they have to pull a wall down to make toilet room downstairs bigger to put a shower in it , so before they forking out all the money on that , they said to try the bath lift

So was wondering has anyone got one , how do they find it ?

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Glad you and your mother are happy with the new house, Margarita. Good luck with sorting out the remaining problems.

Lila

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
So pleased to hear things have worked out well. Good luck in your new house - you are getting good vibes for 2007; long may it continue.
No - cannot help regarding the bath stuff - hope you get some good answers as I have also been considering walk in showers and all that.
Take care now - ease up a little and try to get plenty of rest (sounds as if you can sleep ok now your Mum is settled in).
Best wishes Beckyjan

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Beckyjan

Yes I have been getting to bed by 11 am and sleep to 6:30 am its great, just that I found it really hard to get over a big hang over from Saturday 27, when we had far well partly in our old empty flat, I should of never mix my drink and then the build up of the stress of moving had me feeling like hell till Friday just gone. I find as I get older its harder to get over a hang over, it was a one of anyway .

It was fun thought council came around at 1pm to tell me to turn music down,( now what neighbor complained ) then we sang “I done it MY way “ after they left , with a group of English boys with they girlfriends on the balcony lol my daughter's was not very pleased with that. And trying to control a group mix culture of 20/ 28 year old group of adult children was not an easy job. Never angina, but I done it my way lol

PS yes it sure did help take my mind of my sorrow about mum , I just like to add :)

Oh and I am , and always have been a law abiding (sp) person in case someone gets the wrong perception of me

Last edited:

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
bath lift

Margarita, glad you are back amongst us again. I bought a bath lift for Ron as he has never liked showers and it worked very well for about 2 yrs. Towards the end of last year he had got to the point of not being able to lift his legs into the bath. He just wasn't understanding what I was asking him to do.
He's in a Nursing home now where they have special bath lifts . Our's still sits in the bath at home although I only use it to put my feet up on while I have a shower. When I bought ours I wasn't told that the Social Services would provide one and it cost me nearly £700. Definately worth trying if you can get one free
Best Wishes Aileen

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Wish I had been at your farewell party! - sounds great. When you think of what we have to cope with, ,what the hell were your neighbours thinking about!!
Glad you had a hangover - meant you had a really good good night before. Hope you have recovered now and not unhappy with the normal routine of life. Take care and do get that rest which you deserve. Love Jan;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Towards the end of last year he had got to the point of not being able to lift his legs into the bath. He just wasn't understanding what I was asking him to do.

Yes I beening wondering back of my mind if SW , OP are thinking alone those lines , when mum gets to that stage not undertanding what I ask her to do , then it be care home .

I know they have to be good bed side manner ( sensitive ) in how they word it , it to me that it cost them to much money , to do the adaptation as in pull a wall down in new house to make toilet in to a shower got install a life to life mum out of bed to take her into shower/bath , bring in carer to help me care full time when it come to last stage. they must think I am still in Denial or if I think of it to much now , I would get scared and tell them to put mum in to a care home now (as if ) they never tell you the truth in what they really think , In relation to the caring need in the future of someone with dementia and caring at home

That’s ok that teach them to discriminate mum and not give us a house just around the corner that is adapted for a person that they disability is at a stage that they can not walk, so the house is equipped with what my mother would need in the future , but it seem that they do not look ahead in the caring needs as in stay at home when it come to dementia , to them its Care home even if the local authority have to pay for it .

Yes its great of them to give me that bath life free , as lest my mother/ (dead) father is getting back what they paid in to the government pot for the last 50 years , shame people that are self funding can not get the same ., if you all don’t mind me saying . I’m not complaining, but it does not sound like a fair system.

They wanted to give me a broad lol to go across bath , my mother can’t keep her balance, she go flying backwards , then plan B a chair that turn around on a broad , OT that said that not good as it has to stay in place , and they have to consider other member of the family .

Then she told me plan C , the life I mention sound great but she said its heavy taking it of bath and has to be stored after use , I have sciatica and was worried about lifting it in out of bath , that why I ask all of your opinion really . is it easy to life take out and stored. Could we shower bath with bath life in bath ?

I did look it up on the internet with OT as she did not have a photo of it , it does look nice , but how easy is it lifting in out of bath . My mother can have a wash down in sink in toilet downstairs 3 times a week, bath 4 times a week saving her going up stairs every day as she does not like the stairs.

(Stairs life comes in to the equation, to OT when mum can’t walk anymore).

Yes reality does hit hard when mum back from respite, the not unhappy with the normal routine of life lol no what you mean, but then I could look at it I was never happy in my working life , I was always happy being a stay at home mum while my husband went to work , till they got older so I went out to work as in was expected of me

No never unhappy, destiny dealt its hand and changes my life when my father died in 02, tried to go against the grin of life, but it keep bring me back to my reality.

So my perception of it (philosphy) if I was working I would have a holiday (respite ) and then back to the normal routine of life :) xxx

Last edited: