Just thought I'd pop in briefly with an update

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
So the MIL has settled in the care home amazingly well - she said this is my home now - she is often in the residents lounge boring someone not that they listen! and my OH and I have agreed she looks so settled and happier than she was with us. Guernsey has at last agreed a new capacity law with will give lasting POA - better late than never but thats Guernsey for you always a bit behind! My eldest son and his girlfriend have asked if they can move into the annex so it wont sit there cold and empty but will save them a shed load of money to allow them to save up. My son in UK doing fine in his teaching job and lastly I have a new job which I start in a couple of months. All change but for the positive. Hope you are all doing ok X PS not heard from the invisible at all since MIL went into care home (no great surprise!)

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
So glad that things are looking up and that your MIL has settled, always nice to hear some good news

Lellyhelly

Jul 27, 2019
My mum has been in care for 10 months , she is in a nursing home now. She was, we thought at life end in December, however she has rallied magnificently. She is now able to walk with a little help, despite being immobile for 2 months. We are amazed by this and wonder if anyone else has experience this behaviour, it's as if she's a different person. What next ??