Just started rocking in his chair

Kyberpast

Dec 4, 2021
Care home staff told me that G. started rocking two days ago, but not all the time. I have not seen him do that before. He has always been unhappy at the Home, and is really miserable now that he can't walk. Before the strokes and then Vascular dementia he was a keen walker and had many interests, together with me. It is no life for him now. and I feel the Home should ask for medical advice for depression. I realise that his illness is rapidly worsening, many be there is nothing to be done.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Kyberpast sorry to hear that G is unhappy in the home. I don't have experience of rocking but depression can be fairly common with dementia so you may be right, a chat with the GP could be helpful. Perhaps speak to the staff or manager about this next time you visit to see what they suggest? I hope that something can be found to help.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
It’s probably a comfort thing, if he gets really distressed hubby will sometimes sit on edge of bed and rock slightly.

Kyberpast

Dec 4, 2021
Thank you. I think it is because he is bored. Also, lately he has been put on a soft diet, so cannot eat anything he likes. He still asks when I am coming, but although pleased to see me, just says yes and no. Then some days he will suddenly come out with phrases. Is this what to expect as vascular dementia worsens?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba