Just need to get it off my chest

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi All

I hope you don't mind, but as the title says, I need to get it off my chest.

My Nanna was taken to hospital tonight. It turns out she has now also got kidney faliure and a chest infection.:( It is just so hard. The family have taken the dessision of no medication and the hospital have agreed to our wishes. So only time can tell now, just another stage of the waiting game.

Thank you for listening.

Take Care
Clare:)

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Clare,

I am sorry to read about your Nanna, this must of been a very hard decision for the family to make.

In situations like this, there is little other you can do, but hope and pray for your Nanna that she isn't in any discomfort.

I'll be thinking of you and the difficulties you face. Caring Thoughts Taffy.

Devonmaid

Sep 23, 2007
Dartmoor Devon
Hello Clare, I was sad to read your posting and hope that your Nan will have a peaceful end , it must be so hard to make those decisions , my thoughts are with you and your family ,
love Kate

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Clare.

I wish you the strength to cope with the difficult days/weeks ahead. I hope your grandmother doesn`t suffer too much.

Please offload on TP whenever you feel the need. There is always someone here for you.

Love xx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Life stinks

Dear Clare,
I am so very sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Talking Point is always open 24/7 so all I can do is send you my love and the strength to cope.
God Bless. Christine

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Dear Clare,

I can only say that if I were ever in the position of your Nanna, I would hope to have loving family such as yourselves to make the decision that you have made.

Be brave, be strong, and know you have done the right thing for your Nanna.

I hope it all ends peacefully for her.

I know I made the same decision with my dad when he was dying of stomach cancer, and while I wanted him to live forever, I knew he wasn't going to. These decisions are hard to make, but it is right to make them.

Much love

Margaret

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
The family have taken the dessision of no medication

I do know what your family are feeling .

As I made that harrower of a dessision for my mother sister , ready or not and I was surely not ready for it , its does make you stronger in the future to cope with life , even thought thats not what you want to hear now

for now take it slowly , like other said above of load your emotion of words on TP also have a good friend shoulder to cry on xx

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
So hard

Thank you for listenin

Im so sorry if I seem a bit weared but I'v just finished my son's 1st party.

Nanna isn't good. All I can say is I'm glad I made a fuss of her last Christmas.

Thank you for all your kinds words.

Take Care All

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Clare,
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother, at least you know you made her last Christmas happy. Those memories with still with you in your heart. It must have been so hard giving your little one the 1st birthday and as Mums' we do put heart and soul into making it a happy birthday. In saying that it still must have been so difficult for you.
God bless, Christine

Tina

May 19, 2006
Thinking of you, Clare, and sending caring thoughts to you and yours. Your nana sounds a special lady and she has a special grandaughter.

Take care,
Tina

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
An Update

Thank you all for your kind words.

I went to see Nanna yesterday, in the hospital. She was only awake for a short while while we were there. The only madication they are giving her is morphine, so she is out of it most of the time now.

After reading some of the posts this morning, I feel so lucky to have a good family and some great friends. I have a friend who lives just round the corner from the hospital and she has said, whenever the dreaded phone call comes I can drop my son of with her no matter what time of day or night that might be.

My Nanna said to me once years ago, "if you can count your really good friends who will do anything for you on one hand and have a name of a friend for each finger, you are lucky". At the moment I can count 3, but these friends are worth all my fingers, thumbs and toes at the moment.

Hope you are all keeping as well as you can.

Take Care

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
I was just running through your old posts, and I can count two really great people on my fingers, my friend Pat, and my eldest daughter Catherine. But I can add two more for slightly less emergencies. Not bad eh? those are true friends.

Margaret