just lost my mum

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
i dont think i will ever get over losing her,we had a real special relationship,have so many great memorys of her,the house was full of laughter now its so silent,im trying to get on with life and i know its early days yet,she would want me to

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
i dont think i will ever get over losing her,we had a real special relationship,have so many great memorys of her,the house was full of laughter now its so silent,im trying to get on with life and i know its early days yet,she would want me to

I understand. I now stay in the room my mother was living in, and it brings me some comfort. In my earliest days after my mother left us, all I could think of were the last days, but now, almost a month out, I am thinking more on the days when we had such fun together. I hope you have a peaceful day today, Webby.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Hello Webby, i understand how you feel. Its been just over week for me. I feel as if i am hollow inside. Thats the feeling of true heartbreak. With time it will get better. I lost my Dad 20 years ago and he was everything to me. Eventually, it is the love you shared that will sustain you. Be kind yo yourself and keep posting. We understand the way others cant.

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
thanks have been up brothers with his family having a roast meal today even surrounded by family all i can think of is mum,they are coming here tomorrow so cooking them a meal,im keeping busy,have lots of things in future planned including offer from friend to come out of retirement for a gig with friend but i cant really get exited about anything at the moment,just so miss her

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
It will get better Webby I am sure. I dread the day my Mum passes on, as I am an only child and she has been my world too. But as I see her suffering from dementia i would rather her be at peace as this is no life and she would not want to be living like this. Please take comfort that your Mum is at peace and am sure she would want you to live your life now, just remember she is always with you every step of the way. Be strong big big hugs go out to you xxx

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
thanks very much,the fact she loved life so much even with dementia we did so much together its left a massive hole in my life,im a bit of a loner so been out today on my bike ,its just hard i look everywhere familys having fun,its so tough

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
well its been just over a month now,with the funeral this coming thursday,everyone thinks im taking it well but the truth is im not ,i can put on my happy face for people as im use to it over the years in my proffesion,soons the doors closed im in pieces its no diffent then day one when it happened,she meant so much to me and was the only person to be there for me,i dont let friends get close to me or family as i have been let down bad over the years the only person who has seen the real me and understood me was mum,im dreding the funeral service this week,and have toyed with disapearing i really dont think i can handle it

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
well its been just over a month now,with the funeral this coming thursday,everyone thinks im taking it well but the truth is im not ,i can put on my happy face for people as im use to it over the years in my proffesion,soons the doors closed im in pieces its no diffent then day one when it happened,she meant so much to me and was the only person to be there for me,i dont let friends get close to me or family as i have been let down bad over the years the only person who has seen the real me and understood me was mum,im dreding the funeral service this week,and have toyed with disapearing i really dont think i can handle it

Hello webby, I understand how you feel. I am going through the motions of life but I still feel hollowed out inside. How can I live when my mum is dead? It just seems impossible. I hope you can go to her funeral as its an important part of grieving. Its your chance to say goodbye and thank you for your life together. It will be hard but I found that it helped me. We will all be virtually holding your hand. Sending you big hugs. love quilty

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
hi thanks quilty,its hard isnt it,i have made myself go out but im not really there and not enjoying it ,most of the time im here on my own ,my family are heading back to there old ways i didnt get much help looking after mum for most of the 10 years ,when she was ill and after she died they were great but now i notice less and less contact
i will go to funeral but its gonna be tougth ,hit me on saturday when i had to meet verger in the church

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
hi thanks quilty,its hard isnt it,i have made myself go out but im not really there and not enjoying it ,most of the time im here on my own ,my family are heading back to there old ways i didnt get much help looking after mum for most of the 10 years ,when she was ill and after she died they were great but now i notice less and less contact
i will go to funeral but its gonna be tougth ,hit me on saturday when i had to meet verger in the church

Thinking of you and the emotional week ahead. Your Mum will be looking down on you, and give you strength. May her dear sweet soul Rest in Peace xxx

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
thank you scarlett,think its gonna be worst day of my life

Webby, you have had your worst day which was the day you lost her. Nothing can feel as bad as that. Sending you strength and a big hug. Lean on your family and us. Love quilty

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
thanks quilty you are right that was the worst day,although family have been great since mum was ill,i dont totally trust them as i know what it was like when mum was suffering from dementia they almost abadonned me,did a lot of things that really annoyed me and caused trouble in particular sister in law,who accussed me of wrecking her marridge and not letting brother come over once a month for a weekend so i could have a break plus grand kids didnt come that often pretty sure she was something to do with that,thec worst was we had organised a 80th suprise birthday with rest of family who live about 200 miles away and none of them turned up,so thats why i dont totally trust them,i think they feel guilty at moment ,contact is getting less and less already

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Thinking of you this week be strong and remember your Mum will be beside you. Please go to her funeral as you will feel worse if you don't. It is part of grieving saying your last goodbye.You have been on this long journey with your Mum I am sure she would want you with her on her last one. Hugs coming to you x

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
thanks quilty you are right that was the worst day,although family have been great since mum was ill,i dont totally trust them as i know what it was like when mum was suffering from dementia they almost abadonned me,did a lot of things that really annoyed me and caused trouble in particular sister in law,who accussed me of wrecking her marridge and not letting brother come over once a month for a weekend so i could have a break plus grand kids didnt come that often pretty sure she was something to do with that,thec worst was we had organised a 80th suprise birthday with rest of family who live about 200 miles away and none of them turned up,so thats why i dont totally trust them,i think they feel guilty at moment ,contact is getting less and less already

Sadly, this is so often the case. Loads of friends that we had known for decades abandoned us, then came to the funeral "to pay our respects", and I've heard nothing since. This "pay our respects" lark, is just to make the person who says it feel better.

But I gave an Oscar-winning performance, thanked each one profusely for coming, nailed a smile on my face as they gobbled the food I'd supplied at the restaurant, and moved on.

It's taken a while, but I can now put those people in a "drawer in my mind", and shut it, not to be opened again. Your Mum will be in your heart, during the funeral, and after, and she will stay by your side, and she's the only one that matters, especially now. xxx

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
dont understand why they do it,not something i could do to a friend or family member,guess everyones different,my family 200 miles away have been great nd its in the back of my mind to return to my roots ,but wont make any snap desisions,from now on if no one contacts me so be it
had a really nice card from one of her day centres today,and yes i am going to funeral

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Webby, we will all be thinking of you. If you can care on yourciwn fir someone with dementia then you can do anything. You are a hero in my eyes. You loved her when everyone else walked away.

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
thanks i did it for nearly 10 years and dont regret it at all,my brother who is a carer by proffesion admits he couldnt have done what i did,it was a easy decision to make,i didnt have to think twice

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
thanks i did it for nearly 10 years and dont regret it at all,my brother who is a carer by proffesion admits he couldnt have done what i did,it was a easy decision to make,i didnt have to think twice

Well you've been an absolute tower of strength, and so loving to your Mum xxx

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
thanks ,its just so quiet here,i dont think i will ever get over this ,we had a special bond,i have had a few offers with jobs that usually i would be exited about ,but i cant,i feel like i have died along with mum,im keeping busy mums garden has never looked so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max69