Just joined and want to say Thankyou already.

Cazzy43

Apr 3, 2015
I was directed to this website by my Mum's doctor today and suddenly I don't feel as alone as I have done the past few months. My Mum had a stroke a couple of years ago and then broke her hip last year. Life was " manageable " until around Christmas but then things really started going wrong. After several " incidents " her Doc has finally agreed that she may have dementia and has finally made a referral. Up until today I have felt like my whole world was coming down on me, and I know that we have a very long road ahead but it sure helps to know that I am not alone and reading some of these posts today has helped me so much already!!

RHCP

Apr 3, 2015
I was directed to this website by my Mum's doctor today and suddenly I don't feel as alone as I have done the past few months. My Mum had a stroke a couple of years ago and then broke her hip last year. Life was " manageable " until around Christmas but then things really started going wrong. After several " incidents " her Doc has finally agreed that she may have dementia and has finally made a referral. Up until today I have felt like my whole world was coming down on me, and I know that we have a very long road ahead but it sure helps to know that I am not alone and reading some of these posts today has helped me so much already!!

Hi, I only joined today and already people have kindly responded to my post and they have helped me already too. Best wishes to you and your mum.

Cazzy43

Apr 3, 2015
Hi, I only joined today and already people have kindly responded to my post and they have helped me already too. Best wishes to you and your mum.

Thankyou so much. I have just read your post and I hope you get the car that you need for your Mum. We are only at the beginning and already we are struggling. I think guilt is the worst enemy here xx

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I think guilt is the worst enemy here xx

I doubt whether there are many members who would disagree. We're all trying to do the job to the best of our ability but we are up against impossible odds and have to try to remember that we can only do what we can do. Very hard to do, but guilt gets us nowhere.

Glad TP is helping you both already.:)

Cazzy43

Apr 3, 2015
I doubt whether there are many members who would disagree. We're all trying to do the job to the best of our ability but we are up against impossible odds and have to try to remember that we can only do what we can do. Very hard to do, but guilt gets us nowhere.

Glad TP is helping you both already.:)

Thankyou. I will read your blog later this evening!! When I finally reach my sofa!!

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Welcome to both of you, I'm sorry you've had to find us, but glad that you don't feel so alone. There's always someone here to chat to and hopefully you'll get plenty of good advice, or just the opportunity to unload if you need to xx