Just in case...

Natashalou

Mar 22, 2007
london
any of you think it is the 24th Jan today..it isnt. It is the 31st. Mum has crossed off up to there on her calendar...and so that must be right.
After all, she says indignatly, she cant have forgotten what date it is.
Well, no, I suggest it is a simple mistake which any of us can make.
Which is why the date on my mobile, on the TV news and the newspaper are all wrong, no doubt, as we are ALL mistaken...and mum and her calendar are right!!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh Natasha: YOU are all wrong my husband says its February. January has been turned over time and time again. SO IT IS FEBRUARY (not sure what year though). :confused::confused:

Best wishes Jan

SusanB

Jan 15, 2008
Hove
According to my Mum it was 29th January yesterday so we're all wrong! Oh, and my birthday's in May (it's in Feb) and the moon is made of cheese.

Susan

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I remember when Mum would make these types of comments and drive me crazy. She doesn't speak anymore and I would really like to hear her voice again.

Believe it or not, Natashalou, this will pass and you will miss her voice.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Well, I would dearly like it to be the 31st! Or, now that we are in a new day, the 1st!! I've got a terrible week ahead and it would be great if I could just leap over it!! :)

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Its OK, it is lottery day today -Friday

Hi All
Ron tells me it is Friday, Euro lottery day.
So it is Friday.
By the way, I bought him a new watch at christmas. He has fiddled with it so much, it is set at 5-15pm in the afternoon. But we all know it is 11-15pm in the evening, I am trying to tell him we cannot go in the garden and have a BBQ. Well it is cold and windy. So he has gone to bed for an afternoon nap.
Barb

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
24th January has just passed, it was my birthday. My husband got my mum to write a card for me last week, and she said "I thought it was somebody's birthday in January but I couldn't remember whose it was". I am an only child. Mum had written "To Margaret Weaver with love from Marian Stokes".

Heck.

Margaret

poppet

Aug 3, 2007
hi,

just browsing the site this morning...came acroos this...made my have a :rolleyes: at this ...its definately feburary by the way!!!

ok on a sad note...after reading Joanne's message...it brought these frustrating incidents back to the reallity of this awful condition...and i for one am glad to be able to hear the spirit in my mil even if its just to have a go at us...

poppet

jks

Jul 2, 2005
West Yorkshire
My Dad did not get a single question right at the memory clinic on Wednesday. When asked who was in the room with him, he looked blankly at Mum, and my Husband, and then he looked at me.....'Don't know her name, but she has a deaf puppy'.
Why, oh why, does he remember such a random, unimportant fact?

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
We have two lovely lime trees at the bottom of our garden.
My husband thinks they should come down! - they are not blossoming and should have leaves, so they must be dead!
(Middle of January!!).

(He was once a very very bright fellow) :eek::confused:

Best wishes Jan

wendyg70

Jan 9, 2008
Brentwood, Essex
My Dad did not get a single question right at the memory clinic on Wednesday. When asked who was in the room with him, he looked blankly at Mum, and my Husband, and then he looked at me.....'Don't know her name, but she has a deaf puppy'.
Why, oh why, does he remember such a random, unimportant fact?

I often think the same about my dad, how can he remeber one thing but not another. It makes me wonder if they remember such unimportant facts because they have to make more of an effort to commit this to memory, almost like filing 'the memory' in particular place so they know where it is for next time. Maybe, remembering things like loved ones names or where home is, are so taken for granted that in their pre-dementia days they have no need for storing this memory/thought away in a special place for the future, making it much harder to find when needed.

Gawd....hope i havent confused you all, I know what Im trying to say but not sure if I have made sense!!:D

Take care everyone, much love to all Wendy x