Just got a name for my brain fog, whats in store now?

stephan

Dec 7, 2007
Herts/Essex
Hi, have been browsing this web site and found what looks like a good link to info...
I'm only 48 and had this brain fog which seems like years, in my diaries I noted that my memory had failed me numerous times a day going right back to the 1980's.
But only this year 2007 was I given the necessary tests, scans etc etc, hoping all was well, I went for my apointment yesterday and I think the Doctor was more shocked than I, when he informed me that I had Alzeimers, all I could ask was, was he sure, could he have made a mistake, and whats next.
I was given an information pack and a follow up appointment for a months time and a years time.
I am lost, what am I supposed to do with this information.
Yes still have brain fog, but now I have a name for it. And also know its going to get worse.... So whats in store?

No fortune tellers or Psycics please!

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi Stephan

First of all welcome to TP. I'm so sorry you have had the news you have from your doctor.

Second I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you what will happen next, as everyone is different.

No fortune tellers or Psycics please! Where this terrible condition is in question I don't think any fortune tellers or psycics would even attempt with this one.

Do you have any close friends or family who are there for you, to help you throught this?

All I can say is keep posting, everyone here will listen and help you as much as we can.

Take Care
Clare:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Stephan.

I`m so sorry you have had such a shattering diagnosis at such a young age. A double blow.

The fact you have a follow-up appointment in one months time, will enable you to absorb this shocking information and learn as much as you can about it.

It`s as well you have found TP for the Fact Sheets will tell you much of what you need to know.
http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/factsheets

When you see your consultant in one month`s time, no doubt you will get some of your questions answered.

Meanwhile, please keep in contact with TP. There will be a lot of support for you here from people who have all faced the demons, you are now faced with.

Take care xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Sorry to read that you have AZ at
such a young age of 48

I see your in Essex as I am wondering if they a younger dementia support group near you that you can go to when your ready,

And also know its going to get worse.... So whats in store?

you can read up a lot about it on TP and the net , but I found it very up setting to read about mum future with AZ, let alone you as you have AZ but every one different just like AZ , so I just take every day as it come ,One day at a time

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Stephan

I'm so sorry you've had this diagnosis. It must be such a shock, you're so young.

There's so much information out there, but it will be difficult to take in so soon after the diagnosis. I'm sure you'll find the follow-up appointment more helpful, once you've had time to assimilate things..

If any questions come to mind, just post them, and someone will try to help. In the meantime, you'll get lots of support here.

Don't panic, we're here for you.

Love,