Just feeling very low

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Hope this week goes better for you Quilty - and you 1mindy. Could be partly this time of year. I think this early January time is the worst time of year for many. Subconsciously, we feel Winter is passing - but yet, it's still so dark. And really, a lot of Winter is still ahead of us. Christmas lights and jollity is behind, and January seems very long stretching ahead before we start to see the lengthening of the day and approach of Spring. Add to that all you have to cope with and seeing your mum suffering - of course you feel down. You are entitled to feel down every now and then!

Hope you have better days this week and your mum is doing better. And treat yourself to something nice tomorrow for your birthday. Even if it's only half an hour in a cafe with a magazine! :) Happy birthday.

Thanks Lady A. I think you are right and a lot of this is the January blues. I have always hated January. Im going for a hot stone therapy tomorrow as an extracspecial treat. That should sustaim me until February. Im also getting my B12 injection which also perks me up so much.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
This is now it goes. I think I am mainly bearing up but then all past hopes and dreams, all that is going on,sorry about the future,wishes had done things differently in the past to make the future easier,all come flooding in. A day of crying and feeling sorry for myself. Trip to the doctors, don't want anti depressants, so taking St johns wort on her advice.
Next day get a grip, look at the positives feels lot better. Until the next time.
It's not a Case of getting a grip, its just something that is better out than in.

I have had my mump and have managed to get over it. We have all got to soldier on. Thanks for the k8nd words.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Glad your mum was a bit better. I would think all of us have days when we feel really down. You had good reason yesterday to feel as you did. I hope you have a better day today.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Glad your mum was a bit better. I would think all of us have days when we feel really down. You had good reason yesterday to feel as you did. I hope you have a better day today.

Thanks. Its great to have a place where you can be honest and still be acceoted because youvall understand. To the rest of the world i smile and say "fine". Thank goodness TP exists. Wishing everyone an easy day.

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Hi quilty , I hope your feeling a bit better today and that your mum is a bit better too. We constantly put ourselves through this guilt journey when we want to have a 'wee moan'. Though I believe without it we would go under . We are all strong people looking after the people we care about but we have a breaking point which hopefully gets healed quickly, so we can soldier on . My mum hasn't remembered my birthday for a very long time but when it is my birthday I take her out to a card shop and show her all the daughter cards and ask her to choose one . I then show her how to write mum out on the card ( spelling it for her on a separate piece of paper ) , just so I have something from her . My siblings never remember to buy a card from her , so I just do if myself . I then keep all the cards she gives me. So you are right to say it's good that we have this forum to say how we feel, as I've never even told my family and friends about the card scenario or indeed most of the things I discuss on TP. It certainly is a godsend at times . Best wishes to you and hope 2016 is a good year for you . Lou