just dont no what to do

ann123

Aug 18, 2012
blyth northumberland
I just don't no what to do. my lovely mam has just changed so much. she can be really nasty and very selfish.my dad has her 24/7 and I worry for him. he is 80 now and is finding things really hard. we help as much as poss but we all work. for the first time yesterday I heard my dad admit he doesn't no how much longer he can take it. he does everything round house. she doesn't even cook now . he has to do everything . at night times she wants to go sitting in other peoples houses and my dad is worn out. I really worry for his health

hiedicat

Mar 14, 2012
Doncaster
I just don't no what to do. my lovely mam has just changed so much. she can be really nasty and very selfish.my dad has her 24/7 and I worry for him. he is 80 now and is finding things really hard. we help as much as poss but we all work. for the first time yesterday I heard my dad admit he doesn't no how much longer he can take it. he does everything round house. she doesn't even cook now . he has to do everything . at night times she wants to go sitting in other peoples houses and my dad is worn out. I really worry for his health

I am in the same situation, we got social services involved to provide support for dad at home, you can contact them via the local authority, or the Gp could access help for your dad. I have every sympathy x

ann123

Aug 18, 2012
blyth northumberland
I am in the same situation, we got social services involved to provide support for dad at home, you can contact them via the local authority, or the Gp could access help for your dad. I have every sympathy x

I am going to get in touch with alzeimer society where I live to see if they can offer any help for him. I am really worried for him as can see his health suffering to . he is so tired and tries his best .

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello ann

Has your father has a community care assessment? You can find out more about it here.

It really sounds as if you both need some help.