Just days to go...

Discussion in 'End of life care' started by dslmoore, Jul 29, 2015.

1. dslmoore

dslmoore Registered User

Jul 21, 2015
    Dear All,

My dad is on the ninth day now of being in bed and quite unaware of his surroundings. The care team and GP have suggested the withdrawal of all fluids now as anything we were managing to get into him was going into his lungs. He is running a fever now and they have attached a drip with basic fluids and morphine. The doctor said that he may have two to three days.

We are all praying that his end is peaceful (as I suppose everyone does) and with as much dignity as possible.

I may not be on this forum hereafter but I wanted everyone to know that it has been a huge relief to read others' stories and somehow I feel I have gained some strength from that. God bless you all and I hope that your loved ones find peace when it is time.

2. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    I will be thinking of you and also hoping for a peaceful and dignified end of life for your dear dad. I'm sure that's what we'd all wish for. Wishing you strength to face what is to come. Love and hugs xx

3. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    Hope your dad is comfortable and that he will be at peace soon. Hope you are managing to get some rest.

4. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I hope that it is a serene and peaceful passing for your father.