Just cringing,!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I emailed the doctor about dad having hallucinations and whether it could be an infection or his dementia has progressed. I told them about the dog and dad saying he served in Afghanistan. This man is 89.
Well, the doctor has been. He told dad that his daughter said she was concerned about the dog as she had never seen it etc. Meanwhile I'm in the next room cringing. You know that there will be an onslaught on you at some point.
It was also quite interesting as dad told him he worked in bomb disposal . The dog came back with him although she wasn't there. He new his name and date of birth but not this address. He still thought he was in Carbis Bay but had only moved here 2day/ weeks ago. .The answer changed every time. He also said he could walk but wasn't getting up today.I had already explained that he is now bedridden.Doctor took blood and urine. He came out to chat to me .So I explained he had lived here 11 years.I also told him the hoist was in the other room. He could see as the door was opened.He has also noted that dad coughs a lot. But with me it's difficult to tell how much more as he has always coughed. I think he thinks he has fluid in the lungs which again we know as he always has.
They are phoning later today with the results. More than likely he will have antibiotics.Good job dad was on form and have incorrect answers. He didn't have time to go into host mode. I didn't tell him they were coming.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I emailed the doctor about dad having hallucinations and whether it could be an infection or his dementia has progressed. I told them about the dog and dad saying he served in Afghanistan. This man is 89.
Well, the doctor has been. He told dad that his daughter said she was concerned about the dog as she had never seen it etc. Meanwhile I'm in the next room cringing. You know that there will be an onslaught on you at some point.
It was also quite interesting as dad told him he worked in bomb disposal . The dog came back with him although she wasn't there. He new his name and date of birth but not this address. He still thought he was in Carbis Bay but had only moved here 2day/ weeks ago. .The answer changed every time. He also said he could walk but wasn't getting up today.I had already explained that he is now bedridden.Doctor took blood and urine. He came out to chat to me .So I explained he had lived here 11 years.I also told him the hoist was in the other room. He could see as the door was opened.He has also noted that dad coughs a lot. But with me it's difficult to tell how much more as he has always coughed. I think he thinks he has fluid in the lungs which again we know as he always has.
They are phoning later today with the results. More than likely he will have antibiotics.Good job dad was on form and have incorrect answers. He didn't have time to go into host mode. I didn't tell him they were coming.
I'm still thinking about what you said yesterday @TNJJ when your poor dad his dog being. Sometimes awful memories like this are more likely to stay. In dad's case it was running off at the airport when we landed in Malaysia mum and dad never forget this. I just feel so sorry for you and your dad.

Hope you're okay

MaNaAk

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I'm still thinking about what you said yesterday @TNJJ when your poor dad his dog being. Sometimes awful memories like this are more likely to stay. In dad's case it was running off at the airport when we landed in Malaysia mum and dad never forget this. I just feel so sorry for you and your dad.

Hope you're okay

MaNaAk
Thanks I am. Just found out he has a urine infection. But having antibiotics for his chest as well. Dad appears calm at the moment.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
there are times when you wish the doctor would just hold his tongue. there are somethings that you really dont want them to repeat. kids are just as bad sometimes with their little gems. good he will now have anti-bios so hopefully, he will improve

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
there are times when you wish the doctor would just hold his tongue. there are somethings that you really dont want them to repeat. kids are just as bad sometimes with their little gems. good he will now have anti-bios so hopefully, he will improve
Oh yes! I just wanted the doctor to shut up ?