just coping

Bestgirl

Oct 31, 2015
London, Ontario
Have been using T.P. for a few days now. Getting a good understanding of how it works. I must add that it's getting better all the time for me.

Bestgirl

Oct 31, 2015
London, Ontario
Have been using T.P. for a few days now. Getting a good understanding of how it works. I must add that it's getting better all the time for me. Almost understand lol

Bestgirl

Oct 31, 2015
London, Ontario
The result of my husbands MRI showed that he has had a bunch of mini strokes. This has affected his hearing his diabetes and his comprehension. This is probably why it is difficult for him to understand instructions. And perhaps why he is so unpredictable. I find when I try to help him when we are out with friends he seems to resent it and can get verbally abusive. Perhaps this is the beginning of the end of our social activities with friends. Anybody else have any social problems like this.

Ozzy71

Nov 23, 2015
It's good you got the results of the MRI. I'm not sure about your social question as I am new to all this too. hopefully someone else will be able to respond. My dad has become super friendly and speaks to everyone now and he has brain damage from strokes. I guess it's different for everyone.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello bestgirl, l feel for you my hubby was just the same as yours, it was so difficult to take him anywhere, had to stop 6months ago, he is now in a CH, l am feeling emotional today, as this is the first Christmas we have not been together only for a few hours, after 55yrs. Hope you can manage to look after your hubby for as long as possible. Bless you

Bestgirl

Oct 31, 2015
London, Ontario
just copiny

Yes this is a very emotional time. We havealways slept over xmas eve at our daughters and this year my hubby got weepy and didn' want to stay over. We managed to get him to settle down and did something we have never done before. We opened our presents early xmas eve which settled him down a bit then we got him off to bed. He was so confused in the morning, it was so sad. Unfortnately I think that also might be a last. I find when we go through the malls, he talks to all the babies. Is this a usual thing to happen.
Hello bestgirl, l feel for you my hubby was just the same as yours, it was so difficult to take him anywhere, had to stop 6months ago, he is now in a CH, l am feeling emotional today, as this is the first Christmas we have not been together only for a few hours, after 55yrs. Hope you can manage to look after your hubby for as long as possible. Bless you

Bestgirl

Oct 31, 2015
London, Ontario
Yes this is a very emotional time. We havealways slept over xmas eve at our daughters and this year my hubby got weepy and didn' want to stay over. We managed to get him to settle down and did something we have never done before. We opened our presents early xmas eve which settled him down a bit then we got him off to bed. He was so confused in the morning, it was so sad. Unfortnately I think that also might be a last. I find when we go through the malls, he talks to all the babies. Is this a usual thing to happen. My hubby and I will be married 60 years next March. It's a sad way to end up.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello best girl, yes my hubby used to talk to all babies and young children, the mothers didn't always like it, l would say to him, children are told not to talk to strangers, he would say thats alright they know me, he new everyone he met, now he is in CH he speaks to all the visitors that visit the residents, as he knows them all, very common with Alzheimers.

Bestgirl

Oct 31, 2015
London, Ontario
thank you for your response. At least I know that is a part of his problem now. Doesn't make it any easier to cope with.
Hello best girl, yes my hubby used to talk to all babies and young children, the mothers didn't always like it, l would say to him, children are told not to talk to strangers, he would say thats alright they know me, he new everyone he met, now he is in CH he speaks to all the visitors that visit the residents, as he knows them all, very common with Alzheimers.

tigerlady

Nov 29, 2015

My husband is exactly the same - thinks he knows everyone he meets - even waves to people walking on pavements when he is out with me in the car, as he thinks he knows them.

btw pamann - tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full

Last edited:

Maymab

Oct 8, 2013
Staffs
My late husband loved to see children playing and would try to talk to them. Unfortunately I had to gently discourage him, though most people were very understanding once the penny dropped.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

Bestgirl

Oct 31, 2015
London, Ontario
kist coping

what is a pm. is that a personal message. My inbox in talking point is full. I don't now how to clear my inbox.
My husband is exactly the same - thinks he knows everyone he meets - even waves to people walking on pavements when he is out with me in the car, as he thinks he knows them.

btw pamann - tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full

tigerlady

Nov 29, 2015
yes a pm is a personal message - I was sending pamann news of how my husband was but couldnt sent one the other day as I got a message her inbox was full - I suppose you jut delete messages to make room for more

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream