Just checking in

little shettie

Nov 10, 2009
I received a happy birthday message via email this morning from the Alzheimer's Society and it reminded me that I hadn't logged on for quite some time. This place was my lifeline at one time and a tremendous source of support and encouragement when I was at my lowest point. Mum used to live with hubby and I but sadly she went into care permanently last October. It was a huge wrench as I felt a complete failure for putting her into somewhere I said I never would. But now six months down the line my acceptance of it has grown and I realise now how poorly I'd become, depressed, overweight and really not taking any care of my own health whatsoever. I'm now in the process of getting my life back in order having given up my business and survived on careers allowance for three years (god knows how!) and getting fit again. I only visit mum once a week now, I was going 2-3 times, and it makes me sad to see her there but I could not go back to my previous life now. I just want to say to all of you going through this awful time that I feel your pain and that using this forum is the best form of help support and advice you could ever wish for. Sending big virtual hugs to you all. Look after yourselves, that's most important and something us carers put at the bottom of our priorities. Much love xxxx

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I received a happy birthday message via email this morning from the Alzheimer's Society and it reminded me that I hadn't logged on for quite some time. This place was my lifeline at one time and a tremendous source of support and encouragement when I was at my lowest point. Mum used to live with hubby and I but sadly she went into care permanently last October. It was a huge wrench as I felt a complete failure for putting her into somewhere I said I never would. But now six months down the line my acceptance of it has grown and I realise now how poorly I'd become, depressed, overweight and really not taking any care of my own health whatsoever. I'm now in the process of getting my life back in order having given up my business and survived on careers allowance for three years (god knows how!) and getting fit again. I only visit mum once a week now, I was going 2-3 times, and it makes me sad to see her there but I could not go back to my previous life now. I just want to say to all of you going through this awful time that I feel your pain and that using this forum is the best form of help support and advice you could ever wish for. Sending big virtual hugs to you all. Look after yourselves, that's most important and something us carers put at the bottom of our priorities. Much love xxxx

So glad #you got yourself up, dusted yourself down and started all over again# as the song says. Wonderful update, thank you.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hello, little shettie;

I was away from here for ages, as I felt I was becoming too depressive. I only just popped back in just over a week ago and found, to my great delight, the same people who I chatted with the last time I was on. They have all been incredibly supportive to me over the last couple of weeks, especially last Sunday and onwards.

Isn't it lovely that Alzheimer's Society care about all their Members. Happy birthday to you, and welcome back. I hope Talking Point lasts forever. I was so glad to find it :)