Just adding to my narratives.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I popped in and saw dad again today. I wanted to spend some time with him as tomorrow is my birthday. He didn’t remember but I wasn’t going to go in as I wanted the day to myself.He was sound asleep in the recliner but had eaten all of his breakfast but not drunk his tea. It took me a while to wake him as he was sound asleep.
He was very quiet . Not much conversation but a bit about the weather. He asked what was for lunch but I told him the carers were coming.
They arrived. I asked them how his bottom was. Still sore as dad had gone during the night ( started to do this more now) and it had dried. So cleaning him they had taken the skin off. But there has been only one mention of a sore bottom in the last few days but I know it is more often sore than what they are writing but if it is not written you cannot prove it.
I said to them I noticed that they are not using the Stand Aid. Apparently dad is very aggressive and refuses to use it. He can also get aggressive with the females about it too.(He has tried that with me but doesn’t get away with it. It’s either that or stay in the recliner.) I know as a carer from an agency you cannot force it but this is where you have to decide if he fully understands everything. I mentioned that being in a chair is to long for him(13 hours and that he needs bed rest ) . So his care plan will have to change. Funnily enough he has said to me that he doesn’t always want to get up. I said that to the carers and they said that they do ask him but he wants to. I think by 14.30 he is ready for bed. That is the time I have put him to bed before.
His output overnight was only 580 mls. He didn’t eat all of his lunch and again didn’t drink his coffee, so I made him a milkshake. He drank all of that. The carers had been cancelled by me over a week ago but it goes to prove that no-one looks at them often as they arrived. I couldn’t be bothered to speak to the office. It feels like Groundhog Day most of the time these days..

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Happy Birthday @TNJJ

1642746216202.jpeg

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
That all looks familiar @TNJJ. My partner does not get out of bed much even with the hoist and refused the stand aid. She is in a care home and they turn her every two hours to relieve bed sores as well as applying creams. It seems to be helping as she is complaining less about people hurting her than she did a couple of weeks ago.

Happy Birthday, you deserve a day off. ?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
That all looks familiar @TNJJ. My partner does not get out of bed much even with the hoist and refused the stand aid. She is in a care home and they turn her every two hours to relieve bed sores as well as applying creams. It seems to be helping as she is complaining less about people hurting her than she did a couple of weeks ago.

Happy Birthday, you deserve a day off. ?
Thank you?