Just a thought

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
JUST A THOUGHT???????????????? Please share

Years ago we used to have the Salvation Army visit Torquay for a weeks retreat, Easter people come for the weekend and so much more. These days we have Young farmers weekends, Refuse Trucks conventions (I kid you not) and much more. The days of WAKE weeks are long gone in most parts of the UK and i for one think we are worse off for it, so ........................

what would you say if we created a National Carers holiday week, where carers from all over the country could come down to Stunning Torbay for a week, share their stories, meet new friends, and most importantly take that MUCH NEEDED BREAK to recharge the batteries!! It could be for just the weekend, or three or four day breaks, or even stay THE WEEK !!

To share your feeling`s and stories with others who are like minded will half your worries and you will soon find you are not alone !!! I would also hope we could also organise a FREE conference whilst you are here, putting YOU at the heart of things and asking YOU how the conference should go. Personally i see ALL the speakers being carers, both Paid and unpaid . The holidays would have to be paid for by carers, or the grants that are out there and available, (would be great to see their faces as you all applied for same week lol) but at hopefully a reduced rate, and we will hopefully provide the conference

The conference will be given back to the people to share their voices, we will of course, invite all the Big care, dementia charities, but we want them to listen, and not speak, for a change

This is only in the very early stages of my thought processes but i would love some feedback. what do you think ??