1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Just a Thank you to Talking Point friends.

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by velo70, Mar 22, 2015.

1. velo70

velo70 Registered User

Sep 20, 2012
    Devon
    I am now coming to terms with the death of my beautiful wife, who died suddenly on February 12th. I wish to thank all the folk on this site, who gave help and advice, when I was sharing the despair brought into our lives with early onset dementia. Whilst most cruel, it was not the cause of her death. We were coping up to that point with humour and lots of shared love, and quite a few good days. Regards to you all.

2. WIFE

WIFE Registered User

May 23, 2014
    WEST SUSSEX
    Still early days Velo so do take very good care of yourself. I find grief stalks me at times and just when I think I am coping along it comes and knocks the breath out of me again. Thinking of you and your lovely Wife - taken too soon. WIFE

3. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    Velo, I am sorry to read of the sudden death of your wife. Thank you too for your posts which demonstrated the loving care you gave to her.
    Look after yourself as you come to terms with your loss.
    Sue

4. pamann

pamann Registered User

Oct 28, 2013
    Kent
    Hello Velco sorry sorry that you are feeling the great loss of your wife, life is so cruel, l feel for you, just cherish all the happy mermories of the good times in your life together, try to get out as much as possible, hope you have lots of family and friends to support you take care of yourself.

5. truth24

truth24 Registered User

Oct 13, 2013
    North Somerset
    Many condolences on your sad news, velo. Thinking of you. Verity

Sent from my GT-N5110

6. velo70

velo70 Registered User

Sep 20, 2012
    Devon
    Just a Thank you

Hi, Sue J. Special thanks to you on the information you gave me, which also helped me learn at a certain time. Good luck and regards to you.

7. velo70

velo70 Registered User

Sep 20, 2012
    Devon
    Just a Thank you

Hi. Thanks. That fair gave me a start. My wife's middle name was Verity, which is unusual, and how she was addressed many years ago by her mother, when mum not pleased.

8. velo70

velo70 Registered User

Sep 20, 2012
    Devon
    Thank You

You are so right in your summary of the grief. It hurts slightly less, but like you say, now and again a sudden avalanche just comes from nowhere and demolishes like a tidal wave. Great family, and friends have emerged from way in the past, to express love and their own take on the fun and friendship that was my Gillie. And Thomas Hardy words seem so appropriate on occasions. Wow, thank you.