just a Sunday moan

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Was up 3 times last night with hubby. Today he has been blaming me for things (its you), i don't know what he is saying words all mixed up. He has spirts of this then sits down and closes his eyes, then will suddenly stand up and start again. I was told a carer would be coming (no carer has turned up) No contact or assesment ether from Social Worker (he has got worse and i have a weak leg) Sure this isn't Friday the 13th !!!!!!!!!1

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi chip, It`s enough coping during the day, without having disturbed nights too.

Are you able to distance yourself, when your husband gets stroppy. When mine starts, I go into another room and ignore him until he calms down.

There`s only so much you can take.

Love

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I know it Sunday, but could you not (if it happen again or do it now) phone emergency duty social worker about career not coming in they can phone agency.

Tomorrow phone up social worker even if they say your social worker not around tell them you want to talk to duty social worker about career not coming in, I have learn that you got to keep ringing them, other Wish (sp) they think your coping ok, so leave you to it

Has career been in before, because what I do is take her /his mobile number, give them mine and tell them to phone if not coming or is running late

Last edited:

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
He isn't aggresive just words well of a kind. He just came home on Thursday from 3 weeks assesment and has been put on Quentapine 1 first thing in the morning. I don't know if its this or the hospital or the illness that has made him worse. I don't think he even understands what i say to him today.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
He just came home on Thursday from 3 weeks assesment

Your find that when they do come home from being some where different they do find is hard to settle down, getting more confused may take a week or so to settle down back into your routine.

As that is what I find with my mother when ever she gets back from respite

She gets very agitated and take every thing the wrong way , when I tell her any thing , gets into a right mood and then after a week or so she ok

Last edited:

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
Hi Chip. If my Susan gets humppy, I too move to another room, or out of the way until she calms down. Sometimes if there is something on her mind there is nothing I can do to make it better. So being out of the way is best (for me).
cris