Just a small rant, all you need do is say, there, there my dear

Boldredrosie

Mar 13, 2012
So, the scaffolding went up today as our 100 year old **** shack, sorry semi-detached house, needs a serious paint with some repairs to the gable end and barge boards. I knew my mother wouldn't be pleased as she'd prefer to sit in the house as it fell apart around her. But it needs to be done.
The tongue lashing she's giving to the carer about me is just offensive. "This is my house, how dare she." (It isn't her house, it's our house) "Her father never wanted her under his roof for a night let alone that she lives here." (My parents couldn't have bought this house if it wasn't for my money and I have paid the mortgage single handed for the last decade plus the bulk of all the bills eventhough I only own a third of the house).
I said to her: "You know, the appropriate response is - thank you, I can't manage running and maintaining the house so it's great that you're sorting this out."

To all of you considering living or buying a house with your parent or grandparent think twice. Buying this house with my parents has been the single biggest mistake I've ever made and I ran away and got married in Las Vegas, so I know a thing or two about mistakes.

1mindy

Jul 21, 2015
Shropshire
I know you want a bit of TLC but Las Vagas ,really. Was Elvis there ! Sorry I digress. I have always told my two I will split my time equally between them once I have spent their inheritance. Maybe you should warn them. :)

Boldredrosie

Mar 13, 2012
I know you want a bit of TLC but Las Vagas ,really. Was Elvis there !

Yep. He gave me away. Sang Love Me Tender and Viva Las Vegas.

Happiest day (well, evening got married at about 11pm, Elvis in his pink Caddy was late) of my life.

Pear trees

Jan 25, 2015
There, there and lots of support!! My mum's house has been neglected for over 40 years - my dad hated DIY and spending money on anything but booze and fags.
The boiler engineer repaired my mum's boiler today so she's now got hot water and easy to use taps. I know he's used to seeing all sorts of houses in every state possible, but I think the tirade of verbal abuse (at me not him) and constant questions made him do a super fast job!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson