Just a ramble.....

dannyem

Mar 31, 2015
Well yesterday was quite a day, the social workers came to see Mom at home and seemed to persuade her to go to day care and also have carers in. How much of it she actually recalls and would agree to again I dont know, dont suppose that matters now.

I have in the past suffered with anxiety and still take medication for this. I can feel myself having these awful symptoms again and I know this is because of the stress that this vile disease brings. I am so lucky that I have the most wonderful husband who is so supportive - I dont know what I would do without him. Mom seems to take more notice of him and he seems to be able to calm her down for a minute or two.

After the social workers had left, Mom was still obsessing over the neighbour, who she says comes in and takes stuff - all very common I know, Im sure youre all nodding along in agreement with this one. Ironically, it turns out he has the same disease - the social workers were going to visit him next.......Mom did nt hear any of that conversation and certainly wouldnt believe me if I said anyway.

Anyway today is another day as they say, Im sad to say I had lots of tears in bed last night and feel a bit rough today....Im at work today so will have to try and take my mind off things a bit - thank God its Friday!

Hope everyone will have a good day today.

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Hi, just because something is common does not make it any less easy to deal with. Take all the help you can from SS, there are "persuasions" you can use with your Mum to get her to accept care/daycare. Glad your OH is suppoprtive.

Take care

dannyem

Mar 31, 2015
Yes, Im am slowly learning how to handle this wicked devil called Alzheimers.......persuasions that she would make an excellent volunteer at the day centre with the painting and gardening - Mom was a wonderful painter in all mediums before this thing took hold - since I was child she has painted landscapes , seascapes and all manner of things, made me so sad to see her "paintings" she does now.....

Thanks for reading