Just a little thing but so annoying

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Yesterday got back from the shops, put the shopping bag down went to hang up coats, came back and there he is wiping his nose on one of my gloves which he'd taken out of the shopping bag. I smile now remembering it but honestly, is nothing safe!

Vic10

Feb 18, 2017
No, nothing is safe!
I can no longer leave my towel etc in the bathroom, it was getting used to wipe up wee then put back on the towel rail. Ugh!

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Nothing is safe and anything at hand can be used for whatever purpose (often toilet related). I ended up locking toiletries and other stuff in cabinets, locking bathroom and bedroom doors and generally trying to leave everywhere free of the least bit clutter to prevent it from 'disappearing', being used inappropriately or thrown into the WC. After my wife went into full time care it took me a while to realise that I no longer had to hide or disguise food in the fridge to stop her giving it to the dog. I no longer had to keep a secret stash of toilet paper or hide away fresh bedding so it couldn't be used for wiping hands (or worse).

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
My sister who lives in the US came for a visit over Christmas and stayed with Mum - pwd. One of mums obsessions is her handbag and purse, she spends hours going through it looking for her purse and counting her money. One afternoon after leaving her bag in the lounge while going to the bathroom, my sister found that her purse was empty when she got back and mum had some dollars mixed in with her notes in her purse! Mum of course denied touching my sisters purse.

Just then a taxi arrived to take them to a local restaurant to meet the rest of us for a meal. When in the taxi, my sister began scratching around in her bag and pockets for some cash to pay the driver and asked mum if she could get her purse out. Mum then said "I suppose you think I stole these coins from you as well?" And turned to the driver to complain that my sister constantly takes money from her and leaves her with no cash! My sister was humiliated and embarrassed!

That taught her not to leave her handbag lying around!

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
My partner is also obsessed with money and even though he doesn't have the words to ask where his wallet is I soon know when he's mislaid it .... fortunately I also usually know where he's left it. Funniest thing that has happened lately though was when we had dinner with a friend of mine and she couldn't find her mobile, we turned her (small) house upside down and it was nowhere to be found. Well we got back home and I suddenly had a horrible thought, I looked through his jacket pockets and then trouser pockets and .... you've guessed it, there was my friend's phone! Fortunately she saw the funny side.