just a gloomy day

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
when you can not face thinking about the future and you can not bear to think about how life used to be or you can not remember how life used to be you are stuck in the day wondering how to get through it and how you ended up at this point nothing different has happened nothing awful has happened just the dreadful monotony of it all fills the day time to give myself a kick up the bum i think!!!!!!!

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
You are allowed a gloomy day you know. I know what you mean, especially when you think of the what ifs, I wish I had and the normality seems great to me days. We all have these days and nights too.

Just makes you feel like you wish in some ways how much longer you endure the everyday pain and struggles and if there's light at the end of it.

As a dear friend of mine told me, there is light at the end of the road, but the road has many bends in it unfortunately, more for some than others I find!

Try to enjoy the little things, like at least you aren't stuck in a hospital bed with hospital food with your neighbour snoring all night! A cup of tea watching a rubbish TV programme, or if it's nice today as it is here a walk round the block. I also think of the refugees sitting in muddy fields lately, some of their families have dementia and they are having to cope too. Hope I haven't depressed you but be kind to yourself.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm sorry you are feeling low, tuffydawn (not sure if we have 'spoken' before, so welcome to TP if we haven't :)). As Mrsbusy says, this is allowed! Just getting things off your chest here on TP where you are among people who understand is often very helpful, even if we can't solve the problems.

Have a hug from me, now go and do something that you enjoy, even if just for a few minutes, if you possibly can. A hot bath, a cup of tea and a cake, read a few pages of a book, listen to your favourite song, a few exercises, deep breathing ... anything at all to help lift your spirits.

Good luck and keep posting xx

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
I'm sorry you are feeling low, tuffydawn (not sure if we have 'spoken' before, so welcome to TP if we haven't :)). As Mrsbusy says, this is allowed! Just getting things off your chest here on TP where you are among people who understand is often very helpful, even if we can't solve the problems.

Have a hug from me, now go and do something that you enjoy, even if just for a few minutes, if you possibly can. A hot bath, a cup of tea and a cake, read a few pages of a book, listen to your favourite song, a few exercises, deep breathing ... anything at all to help lift your spirits.

thank you for hearing me this is the only place i can say what i feel for everyone else i am happy and coping !!!

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
thank you for hearing me this is the only place i can say what i feel for everyone else i am happy and coping !!!

You're allowed to feel down, resentful, fed up, angry, exhausted and anything else on here. :) But don't feel guilty! There are loads of lovely posters on here, who will help you with any problems, and give advice and understanding. xxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I'm so sorry I didn't see this before, tuffydawn. I've done those emotions and felt the hopelessness, too. But it does get better. Might take a while, but it does get better.

Love and hugs to you, xxxxxxxxxx

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
I understand, I empathise, I care, I'm sorry you feel as you do today. I hope the mood lifts soon x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Bestgirl

Oct 31, 2015
London, Ontario
Bestgirl

When I'm feeling low I have a cappuccino Not good for the figure but good for the soul. I'll accept a hug from you, thank you

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Tuffydawn

when you can not face thinking about the future and you can not bear to think about how life used to be or you can not remember how life used to be you are stuck in the day wondering how to get through it and how you ended up at this point nothing different has happened nothing awful has happened just the dreadful monotony of it all fills the day time to give myself a kick up the bum i think!!!!!!!
I feel just the same on the worst days. Nothing to look forward too. No future. No lovely helpfull and kind husband. And then on the odd occasion we are both laughing at something really silly and the old times come back for a minute or two. Tomorrow will be better. We hope.! xxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk

For myself, I would finally agree with a kick up the bee you em! I've had enough gloomy days to know the difference between wallowing, and getting on with it. Mind you; for all the time I was alone, caring, I used to try to think ahead to try and know how to cope with it. Truth? In the end, I wasn't coping very well.

When our crisis finally hit, I'm sure they could see how zapped I was, and the staff at the hospital started taking notice. I will be forever grateful. I honestly thought, last Christmas, I would be watching husband die while we were left alone to cope. He'd just come home from a spell in hospital after a stroke, and looked extremely ill. I was told to call the 111 number if anything happened over the holidays. That's how we were left. Thank God, this year, it'll be very, very different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet