Just a bit of advice...

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Incontinence problems. I would like to know in your opinion what is the best waterproof mattress protector. We are just talking (at the mo) about dribbling I think. Possibly not being quick enough getting out of bed. She wears knicks & pjs in bed & it is only these (as far as I know!) that are getting damp. Have bought her pads but with the best will in the world (she doesn't live with me) & notes being left etc she is not using them.

Thanks in advance.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Incontinence problems. I would like to know in your opinion what is the best waterproof mattress protector. We are just talking (at the mo) about dribbling I think. Possibly not being quick enough getting out of bed. She wears knicks & pjs in bed & it is only these (as far as I know!) that are getting damp. Have bought her pads but with the best will in the world (she doesn't live with me) & notes being left etc she is not using them.

Thanks in advance.

Afternoon Lizzy.
OH has pads supplied by continence nurse, but they don't always work perfectly. So, I buy the Tena sheets. I'm not sure if they work better than the other ones whose name escapes me, but they come in 60cm by 30cm so you get more coverage. For really bad nights, thankfully few and far between, it's best to put two on the bed plus two under the top sheet and two under the mattress protector.
Hope that helps and does not breach any regulations on promoting brands. best wishes, Rob

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Thanks Nae, it's more a plastic type waterproof cover for the mattress that I'm after. Been to a couple of shops which don't stock them, was just wondering where to go for them. I'm sure the trusty old internet will tell me!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I would steer clear of plastic. They rip very easily, make a lot of noise and don't dry properly. Stick to cotton or equivalent, they are also nicer to lie on. My favourite ones are out of stock at the moment so I bought some at ASDA. They are not as good but better than the plastic ones which I threw out after one day!

arielsmelody

Jul 16, 2015
I would go for a quilted waterproof mattress protector from somewhere like M&S which don't seem plasticy at all, then maybe something a bit easier to wash or disposable on top. Apart from the adult products, you could have a look at children's bed protectors as well. If its just a few drops and youve got something waterproof underneath just in case maybe a thick blanket under the sheet would be enough.

Last edited:

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Thanks guys. I just presumed that what I needed was a plasticky kind of protector, going back to when my children where young I suppose. I shall have a look what is available.

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
We have my dad in pully up pants, he has was age uk mattress protectors like Kyle sheets too. They are brilliant and so absorbent. Well worth what we paid for them.