Juggling work, kids and parents

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
I have a husband and two children 12 & 17. They have been on school holidays since beginning of December and start back beg of February.
They go to different schools but both have been picked this year as School Leaders, so have a busy year ahead.
I work part time, as well as care for Mum with AD & Dad with MCI. Dad is a bit more independant though.

I have spent much of the school holidays putting my Mums needs first as she has had no Alzheimers activity group for 5 weeks, and another Senior Citizens group she goes to will have been off for 9 weeks by the time it goes back.
I am hoping Mum will go to a daycare programme soon, which only ever closes on a public holiday or for 2 weeks over Christmas & New Year.

Today ( already Saturday morn) I am busy with getting the childrens school uniforms and shoes organised, and a friend has asked me out for lunch.
Normally I would take Mum out somewhere, as she has been at home since Wednesday. She gets quite agitated if she is at home too many days in a row.
I have put my friend off so many times since about November, as there is always something or I am out with Mum, or its the children.
My husband told me off and to consider myself for once.

Doesn't help hearing the disapointment in Mums voice that I am not able to take her out today, but will take her out tomorrow instead. :(

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Thanks Canary. It is a school friend that I have known now for 32 years :D
We know each other warts and all, but don't see each other all that often.

By the way I like your little emoji with what looks like martial arts nunchucks :D:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynt68