• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can directly access this area >here<.

joint care with sister not working out


Registered User
Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It really doesnt sound to me as though your mum is capable of understanding the POA any more.
If the original POA cannot be registered (for whatever reason) then I think you will have to go for deputyship. Yes, this is more faff and form-filling (and more expensive) but it may have the advantage in that (unlike POA) the deputy(s) have to fill in an annual financial report to the Office of Public Guardians detailing where literally every penny has gone...........


Registered User
Apr 6, 2011
North Manchester

You bought the car and have not disposed of it in any way, it's still yours, has been since you bought it, and you have the receipt to prove ownership.

The V5 records the registered keeper, where any notice of intending prosecution goes for a traffic offence.

Their are thousands of registered keepers who don't own 'their' car, one group is people who lease cars which are owned by a finance company.

It's basically easy to change the registered keeper
A problem for you could be getting the reference number off the current V5


New member
Nov 20, 2021
If your sister won't agree to the joint PoA tell her you and the cousin will go ahead and set it up without her. She cannot insist she is the sole attorney or no PoA. I really think you need to take charge of the situation.

thanks I am visiting the cousin in question tomorrow, though her mum my aunt is terminally ill at the moment so will only discuss this if the topic is raised by her. She should be wondering what is happening with the PoA so wld hope my cousin brings it up. I agree its time to take charge of the situtation, at the moment this thread is providing me with a lot of the background information I need to be able to tackle this as well as clarifying some of my thoughts. Its all appreciated.