Jobs list.

ronyork

Apr 28, 2015
Hunts
The jobs list grows. Washing (machine) drying (cupboard dry) then the ironing, Audrey used to help but no more, same with the housework. Glad we bought an apartment when I saw the problems ahead thought it was a good idea, and it was, its so much easier when dealing with Audrey Never planned retirement like this. Posting on this site somehow helps. Oh dear duty calls.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Never planned retirement like this.
...beieve me, Ron, none of us imagined that " In sickness or in health" really included the ever- mounting ironing pile!:eek:

Perhaps there ought to be a warning on the forms to claim your pension..." Retirement can be bad for your health ":rolleyes::D

You're doing a grand job there, lad.:) x

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Oh dear, Ron. I've got loads to do, but the jobs are very different! You're right. It never seems to stop, but what else would we do?

Chin up, love. Wishing you strength for the day ahead.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I haven't retired yet but didn't expect to have to do everything from sorting out the finances to emptying the bins as well as being chief cook and bottom washer!! Onwards and upwards.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

ronyork

Apr 28, 2015
Hunts
The Microwave

I find myself moore and more reliant on the microwave for getting the meals ready. I like to use the oven but Audrey likes to help result often the oven temp/altered door opened and generally the meal not as it should be, M&S + Waitrose a great help in meal selection with added fresh veg. Is this now common practice.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
I now batch cook some meals and give the extras to my mum for the freezer, she can then reheat when required for speed. She has everything to do now dad doesn't do anything. If anything makes life easier for you , go for it, less stress.
You are doing well.

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
I often use slow cooker and freeze portions till required - then heat in microwave. You could leave it cooking overnight so that Audrey would not be tempted to help.

Anything that makes things easier, go for it :)

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Obviously I don't know you & certainly not your financial position but can you afford a cleaner? Have you family/friends who can spare you an hour to help?