1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. jimsandy

jimsandy Registered User

Jan 31, 2008
    Soldiers Grove
    I am here to introduce myself and my issue with family member with alzheimers. I am an only child, not by choice, but by death of other sibling. My mother has alzheimers and she was found in her home, paranoid, delusional and many other things. She was sent to a hospital to help get her to feel or be better. She was there for 6 weeks and she does not remember her being there. Thank goodnesss she was found as we had been worrying about her living alone, and not eating properly, or paying her bills, or cleaning her house. After the hospital stay the court assisted in putting her in a nursing home, near to us, but we have many financial, paperwork, and other issses with relating to her home, vehicle (doing this long distance)over 200 miles away from home. She has been transferred to another hospital temporarily due to behavorial issues with other residents. But it is good thing, as they have gotten her on some medications that should help her. Plus she had a UTI and that can cause many problems down the road. This site has helped me see there are people out there with worse issues than I have. But each person's issue with family members can be depressing and upsetting to say the least. Thanks for listening and will check out other threads to help me along the way.

2. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    jimsandy, thanks for sharing your story with us.
    You posted:
    That is the good thing about TP. There is always someone to listen. It is all a learning curve so others experiences can often be of great help.

Take care now.