Jen passed away on Easter Sunday

PeterG

Oct 17, 2003
Hertfordshire, UK
As the title says, at 11.15pm in a NHS Care Home, Jen was just 62. Our younger son & I were with her, our elder son was flying back from Spain & got there just after, but I told Jen he was with her as well.

I told her everyone was safe & happy, & some stories about how we were all going on a picnic tomorrow with her mum, brothers, sisters, sons & grandsons, & what a day we were going to have.

She had been restless the Saturday but calm on Sunday. We talked gently in her ear. We played The Supremes all day & night. We gave her mouth care (lemon watered buds), we held her hands & held her feet.

Charmaine, her night carer, looked after us with teas, coffees, hot meals, she is truly an angel.

We gave her a wonderful funeral, mostly talking about her, her life. Most family & friends were there, had a wake back at the house, lovely sunny day.

Jen was a truly beautiful person, beautiful in body, in spirit & in heart.

Our son set up a web page for donations to Alzheimer's research,

http://www.justgiving.com/jenniferspage

Jen donated her brain to the Queens Square Brain Bank.

I have no message for anyone, certainly no advice, just wanted to tell you.

Love to you all, Peter. X.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Peter. Your post is full of warmth, love and sincerity.
Please accept my sincere condolences.

PostTenebrasLux

Mar 16, 2010
London & Oxford
My sympathies for these difficult times Peter and my warmest wishes for a happy and close future with your family with Jennifer's memory living strong in each of you.
Thank you for sharing.
Martina

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Dear Peter,
My hear goes out to you and your children, to lose a wife and a mother so early in her life is truly sad.

I am pleased you were with her til the end it means so much to most of us and certainly would have meant everything to her.

I wish you strength and peace within to get through this difficult time.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Peter, so very sorry to read your post.

It has been such a long road for you and the family as Jen was so very young when she was diagnosed.

Jen was a truly beautiful person, beautiful in body, in spirit & in heart.
Beautiful tribute. Please accept my sincere prayers and condolences.

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Dear Peter.

Sending warm big big (((((((hugs)))))) to you and your family.

My thoughts are with you.

Love
michele
xxx